PDA

View Full Version : Align Shaft with CopterX tail?

psilo
10-23-2008, 01:25 AM
OK, being lazy now, tried searching but too many results :o

Does the trex 450 (or copterx) tail fit as a drop in replacement for the belt cp boom? I am picking up a CopterX head and tail and UGT-05 swash when I return to UK next week and need a new boom, as I have the CopterX I would rather just buy the Align booms and that way I can keep one set of spares.

Thanks

Gerd

Ian 777
10-24-2008, 12:12 PM
Yo Gerd:thumbup::thumbup:

On my tail box the align tail pinion is slightly too wide and side loads the bearings if you dont shave a tad off the pinion. I still use them but i use a needle file to remove the excess.

On the UGT swash you need to file down the arms that the balls are mounted on or they foul the ball links on full deflection and can force the link off the ball. It is also larger diameter than the Esky so it affects the alignment of the links and slightly gears down the pitch range..... I think ......

If you havn't bought it yet. Then the mini titan E325 upgrade swash supplied by Blink and Sportsmoto is a better option though it's silver not blue, but that looks cool with the other silver bits on the heli.

:)

another_finn
10-25-2008, 06:40 AM
I use a Microheli T-Rex tail with an Esky CF boom. Drop-in fit, no problems. If you want to use an Align spec boom, just get a matching belt and it should work fine.