Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCX

mCX Blade (eFlite) Micro CX Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2008, 12:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Anyone tried alternative sero holes?

I just noticed that the tiny seros mounted on the 5in1 board have three position holes for mounting the servo rod that connects to the swashplate. Mine has both elevator and aileron pushrods in the top hole. Is that how everyone elses is? Has anyone tried moving the rods to a lower hole?
Steve Joblin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2008, 12:43 PM   #2 (permalink)

I was going to try but the holes are too small, not wanting to drill on that tiny piece of plastic and put pressure on the servo, I opted to simply turn the link on the rod 4 turns.

Having done so, I think moving to the middle hole would have been way too much of a change.
TowPilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-26-2008, 04:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I just put both of mine in the middle holes and yes it is a huge change.The top holes are very sloppy and the others are tiny,I held the control arms in a flame for just a few seconds and worked them thru.After they are completely cool work them in and out a few times to loosen them up,the slop is now extremely diminished and I had to completely redo my trims on the test flight.I am now undoing the tx trim changes and setting it up thru the links.I really like the difference now much much crisper control response,once I get it all set up ill do a quick vid of it.
John
2HDX300's
3 gaui200's
aristo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-26-2008, 06:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Interesting! If I understand what you are saying, it sounds like it has a similar effect as changing the servo holes on a CX/2... I'll be interested to see how moving the linkages to the second position impacts the "rock steady" hovering capabilities... can't wait to see a vid, Aristo!
Steve Joblin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2008, 08:21 AM   #5 (permalink)

Hi I am a newbie to helies, but I have a suggestion for the servo arms.

I know exacty what you are taking about with the alternative hole options on the servo arms always being a tight fit and some times it is hard to get the control arms in.

I was seaching around my tool box and found my pick & hook set I bought a few years ago while working on my motorcycle and there is a 90 degree bent one that works wonders. This is the set I have. http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00941513000P

What is nice is the picks are tapered and you can slowly stetch the holes under control without breaking the servo arms. I did it on my CP and on my CX2. I didn't even notice there were additional holes on the MCX as I just purchased it saturday and the fiance and I have been having a blast with it. It is funny how such a small purchase can be used from installing tension springs on a motorcycle exhaust system, to messing with these micro helis...lol

On a side note, I'd make a "n00b" post introducing myself on here but i don't see a "Newbie" or "Introduction" section like I have seen on a lot of my car and motorcycle fourms. If such a place exists please direct me.

-Mike
zx12bullet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2008, 11:38 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mike

i just made a intro thread. welcome abord. enjoy the ride

Jerry
cx2, mcx, T Rex 450 SA, GAUI 550, walkera cb100, 4#6, 4#6S, 4g6S, trex 450 clone, V911/FP100, DX7, DX8
never hold your farts in. they travel up your spine, and that's where s****y ideas come from.
shaggybirdman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in