PDA

View Full Version : ES600 flyers

Pages : 1 [2]

nuttcaze
01-10-2009, 05:11 AM
both of mine are ok, I've even done light 3D with no probs

henryd123
01-10-2009, 07:29 PM
yes ,i think it may be quite a rare problem,I posted the same thing on rcg and only had one guy with the same thing happening
you still flying your two big birds?
henry

nuttcaze
01-11-2009, 02:23 AM
unfortunately not right now, they're on the shelf collecting dust, its been too cold for them lately, last time I took one out I went up for a loop only to have my servos start freezing up right when I reached the top of my loop (inverted), I had almost no cyclic, still not exactly sure how I got it to flip back over, I really thought I was gonna crash, a feeling I haven't had in a while, had to do an emergency landing on the other side of the field, and since the heli is so big I like to fly a long ways away, so it was a good long walk to get my heli. Took it home and shelfed it, not gonna take that chance again, especially now that I have smaller helis to trash http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii217/nuttcaze/Smiley%20faces/shuriken.gif

Fatdaddy
01-29-2009, 09:27 AM
Hey ya'll Been lookin around at large heli's. I'm gonna go up in size for the spring and was wondering what everyone thinks are the best 600's
If price didn't matter.
Thanks

damyxz
01-29-2009, 09:24 PM
For the price? It's a decision between the E-smart and the outrage 550. If you want to conserve funds now and just taking a dip into larger helis, go with the E-smart(yes you can 3D with it too). But if you have some extra cash and want impressive performance out of the box, get the outrage. I still fly my E-smart if I want a relaxing sport-3D flying and if I want to be wired tense and almost mess up my pants, I fly the outrage 550. There is a price difference though, the outrage is about 2X the price of a semi metal E-smart kit. Then again with the outrage, you do not have to upgrade anything on the airframe, just your electronics and power system. Both helis can run on 6S and will perform. It's just a matter of what are you looking for. Heck my trex 600 is now just gathering dust on the shelf. I think at this time the outrage 550 outperforms anything in it's class out there. I also have a logo 500 3D and the outrage is way above it in performance. Another thing with the outrage that it has going for it is the fact that the head can be set up for beginners and then later be set up for insane 3D(I'm not there yet) without buying additional parts. I still like the e-smart and I'm currently modding it to perform like the outrage 550.

Fatdaddy
01-31-2009, 05:10 PM
Thats what I been thinking too. I'm gonna go with the E-Smart for sure. I like the working and upgrading almost as much as flying them so thats the way I'm gonna go. Anyone tried the 4 or 5 blade rotor heads??

Fatdaddy
01-31-2009, 05:12 PM
Hey danxz How much for the esmart open box??

nuttcaze
01-31-2009, 05:48 PM
I don't think they make a 4-5 blade head for this heli, but you can get a brand new kit for $140 at helidirect

http://www.helidirect.com/product_info.php?cPath=29_223_686&products_id=2161

Fatdaddy
01-31-2009, 06:01 PM
They make one for the 600 class. so I'm sure it can be fitted.

Design Engnr
01-31-2009, 08:04 PM
You should be able to adapt a 4-5 bladed heard for a 500 class heli work. The rex 500 uses a 8mm main shaft as well. Comparing the size of the 500 stock head to the esmart they are close to the same size. I may throw a rex 500 metal head on my esmart when upgrade time comes!

damyxz
01-31-2009, 08:06 PM
It has been sold to friend of mine for 170 bucks with motor, 3 scanner rc mg servos, 2 sets of wooden blades, a set of SWE FRP blades and a used align 75A ESC with a spare main gear.
I think he got a good deal. I am bummed today because I did not get to go to the Daytona event because of work. I'll be working on the flybarless system for the E-smart I guess.

Fatdaddy
01-31-2009, 09:25 PM
Yea sounds like he got a really good. I'm new, really just startin and leaning lookin at whatever I can find and already you guy offer the most good info around. Thanks
I 'm starting with a HBK@ that I've had bout 3 weeks now. Smoked the motor on the 5th batt. And that has just started it .... With upgrades.
Yea I know I've read all the negivite stuff that's (some good stuff too)
been said about the HBK2 but I do things my way and I really like it already. I do have or have ordered EVERYTHING to up the bee as far as it wlii go. Including theEXtreme carbon airframe!!!When I'm done I will pretty much have all the org.HBK2 sittin on the side!!! I been flying it around my living room to learn to hoover till I can get outside. You know I got a 24x36 graage but its too full to fly there. So inside will heve to do. Only 1 crash that has broke parts so I been lucky.
I'm gonna slowly build up the tha ES600 and do it right.. I'm lookin at starting off with the Full metal and carbon. Any thoughts..

damyxz
02-01-2009, 12:57 PM
That's good, but don't waste your money on bling stuff for now, the HB king 2 flies really good stock airframe with just good electronics. Invest your money on a good transmitter instead. Good electronics like gyros and tail servos will help you fly better. and will actually last longer than the model itself. You also can transfer the good electronics to another model if you get tired of the one you got. Good electronics doesn't mean expensive. Look at the ino-lab servos and the logictech gyros. A spektrum DX7 is a good transmitter to start with.(get the package without servos). Also invest in a good simulator-it is worth it's weight in gold.

Fatdaddy
02-03-2009, 01:45 PM
Hey guys,
I just won the auction on EBay from Helidrect for the all metal and carbon
W/motor E-Smart!!! Got it for $220.00. I cant wait to see her!!

Fatdaddy
02-06-2009, 05:13 PM
ES600 Arrived today!! This thing is sweet. Gonna pick up a DX7.
Any thoughts on the ar7000 and servos that come with it?
Looks like some pretty good deals on EBay.