PDA

View Full Version : Well I done it

Bignose13
11-27-2008, 10:03 AM
Yep couldn't justify paying 289 for a trex 250 when SJM have this for 129
http://flying-hobby.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=3_221_222&products_id=3696
Just wanted thoughts and tips really and has anybody had any dealings with flying hobby and what do people think of the Gaui gyro
Thanks and cant wait for this little bird to join my hanger
Simon

sd0
11-28-2008, 12:32 AM
I am also thinking about getting the SJM 180 light combo from FlyingHobby. I have heard nothing but great thins about FlyingHobby, it seems to be a safe place to order from, and they have great prices.

The only thing that concerns me about ordering the SJM instead of a Trex 250,is parts availability. But, since I will be flying it inside my house I shouldn't be getting too crazy and I think crashes will be at a minimum.

As for the Gu210 gyro, I have read it is very similar or slightly better than a GY401, so on this little heli I will give it a try.

Bignose13
11-28-2008, 02:18 AM
Hobbycity have loads of parts in stock and if you can wait it is cheap shipping as well, but if I put this thing in i will buy a lot of spares in 1 go just makes more sense really, glad to hear the gyro is on par or better than a 401 as I love that gyro:noteworthy, I would have put 1 on but it looked too big to me.
Anyway the bird is shipped andf will keep ypu all informed of the progress and may do a build thread on here if anyone is interested
Simon

ronaldf
11-29-2008, 01:17 AM
I am also thinking about getting the SJM 180 light combo from FlyingHobby. I have heard nothing but great thins about FlyingHobby, it seems to be a safe place to order from, and they have great prices.

The only thing that concerns me about ordering the SJM instead of a Trex 250,is parts availability. But, since I will be flying it inside my house I shouldn't be getting too crazy and I think crashes will be at a minimum.

As for the Gu210 gyro, I have read it is very similar or slightly better than a GY401, so on this little heli I will give it a try.

RC-Tek is the US distributor with a supply of spares.

WickedDragon
12-02-2008, 01:38 PM
+1 on RC-Tek. Very, very helpful folks and they've got parts.