PDA

View Full Version : Winter Projects, what are you up to ladies?

leslie
12-07-2008, 07:46 PM
Hi all,

Now that I'm all healed up (motorcycle accident). I can hold a radio and a screwdriver. I'm finishing up a little Trex250 for playing with in the basement this winter. Yeah, I'm in New Hampshire so I have a few months to build and work on the Sim.

What are the rest of you doing??

Cheers,
Leslie

Whirly-Girl
12-08-2008, 12:26 AM
Hey Leslie, Great to see you all healed up and already building something! Let us know how you like that 'lil Rex!

I'm in the midst of foamie season and indoor flying with the locals. I have 1 scratch built foamie that we made from 3mm black depron with HeliFreak decals on it. This week I'll have a custom biplane done (thanks to my hubby). It has a built up fuselage, but the wings and stabs are profile. I'll try to get some pictures when it is complete.

I have an Odin 90 coming soon that I'll be building from Compass Model Helicopters...that should be a blast!

Lastly, I'm helping where I can, on my husband's 40% Carden Extra 300 project. It was built by a friend of ours who has experience building Cardens. Albert is doing the finishing work. Mostly I just fetch the coffee. :thumbup: But when it is done, I do get to fly the crap out of it! :smokin:

The last picture is the covering scheme he chose: white, metallic blue and orange. I can't wait to see it done!!

LITHIUMSTATIC
12-18-2008, 02:50 AM
Wow Whirly-Girl!! That Carden is hot! I thought about buying one of those a long time ago, but went for a P-51 as it was 90% ARF. Someday I may get a used Carden.... already built. It would be a dream to own for sure. :thumbup: