PDA

View Full Version : TREX250 Tail analysis, spacer upgrade and Chinese weights

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11]

daveapplemotors
08-09-2011, 09:46 AM
Email this fellow - "Robin Renzetti" <robrenz@frontiernet.net>

Ask Robin for:
Bearings, Spacers & Chinese weights -

Tell him what size, brand, and tail grip style that you want these parts for. You'll spend about $25 plus or minus a couple. It's a deal at twice the price.

Best stuff since the Lipo battery

Karenheli
11-11-2011, 11:28 PM
:clapI have check my WFLY300 tail parts,made some changes and achieved a lot

Slobberdog
05-18-2014, 04:30 PM
Darn I know this thread is as old as the hills but is this person still doing the kits as I have just got a 250 DFC and the tail don't inspire confidence

Besen
05-18-2014, 04:39 PM
Darn I know this thread is as old as the hills but is this person still doing the kits as I have just got a 250 DFC and the tail don't inspire confidence
I bought a kit from him last October. Just use the email address in post 251 above and he should send you a price list.

Slobberdog
05-18-2014, 05:17 PM
Thanks fella,

Slobberdog
05-18-2014, 05:28 PM
Just out of curiosity how do you find the mod and has it helped with wag and tail authority, and are you still running stock servo and 3gx etc

Besen
05-18-2014, 06:59 PM
It's a long story, but it didn't really work for me. I think the weights are ok but the spacers caused a wag. That my have been my fault but when I removed them the wag was gone. The problem appeared to be that when I tightened the grips on the tail blades the bearings were binding. I couldn't get it just right. Also, you have to file down the blades so that they don't hit the screw head holding the grips to the hub. I haven't messed with it since then. Many people here swear by them, so I would take my experience with w grain of salt.

I'm using stock DS410's for cyclic, a hyperion DS11-gcb tail servo with a carbon fiber pushrod, DFC head, beastx with a Spek DSM satellite, a Talon 15 ESC (with current limit disabled), 4,030 rpm governed head spead, and there's no wag. The tail authority is pretty good, but I'm still dialing it in and I'm not that good a pilot.

Honestly, I think it was the hyperion tail servo that fixed my wag, but even with that it wagged with the tail bearing spacers. The hyperion is smaller and lighter than the stock DS420 or 425, by the way. I'm going to put the weights back on one of these days because I think they're a good idea.

I warned you it was a long story. Hope this helps.

Inverse
05-18-2014, 07:27 PM
I found it was a combination of many things, you really do need to get the tail perfect on these helis or you will get wag.

Slobberdog
05-19-2014, 12:43 AM
Thanks both I don't have any wag at the gain I am running but I just feel the tail does not have that locked in feeling, I need a bit more gain I think to get that, but if I go into idle up 2 I get wag because of the increase in head speed, can run to 82% in IU but after 90% it wags if I don't lower the gain,