PDA

View Full Version : flybarless rappy 90 , cheap

ady
12-15-2008, 01:42 PM
heres a pic of my latest adventure , just pulled it all apart and added the 401 to the elevator just in case , have hovered and monuvered in my garden so far and shes super stable , roll on weekend play time :clappp

oldschool269
12-15-2008, 03:47 PM
Dude , you just love to do it different !!

that's great stuff,, it would be a crack up to take that to a field around here .....

everyone , would bag and condemn it saying that wont fly , your dangerous and blah blah...

i can see it would fly great ....

what the aile like without stabilisation ?>?
curious as to why you put a gyro on elev and not aile ?

Looks hot , congrats for thinking out of the box...
Jason

ady
12-15-2008, 04:03 PM
thanks for your nice comments chap , i find with my rappy 50 flybarless the elevator can be a bit of a handfull when ya sling it about , so i add a gyro to this to help my brain n the heli survive more than 2 mins , altho with the 50 i use a different config from swash to grips . i`ll try this one out at the weekend but by the feel of it i may not need the 401 cos of the disc size , i`ve flown standard stuff for long enough so now all i fly has to be different , the harder it is to fly , the more fun i have , i`ll post how she goes , from circuits to the works :lol: oh and the aleron is a doddle to handle , i assume its the pendulum effect on the elevator that upsets it :lol::lol:

oldschool269
12-15-2008, 04:58 PM
Cant agree more,
constantly throwing a heli to within 2 inches of the ground only keeps you interested for so long ... something to do with a lack of sponsorship has a big thing to do with it.

its nice to rethink things .. and work out different ways to achieve a good result.
TOP JOB ..

jason

ady
12-28-2008, 01:47 PM
well , while i await my helitronix mixer , i split my tandem in 2 , this original idea will be tried tomorrow or tuesday , just to see what would`ve happened before ;)

ady
12-29-2008, 03:02 PM
due to major electrical problem she didn`t even get off the deck , the regulator , tail gyro and receiver all died this morning , have bodged on a nimh pack n ppm receiver but will wait till next payday before getting better parts , only 4 weeks to wait :bawl