PDA

View Full Version : B4003DX build for lovinmyblade400

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

JCB287
12-27-2008, 07:06 AM
i know what you mean. cncheli is like a 3 day shipping thier very fast

I've never had anything shipped that fast from California. I ordered the the 3500kv motor and a few extra pinions on the 23rd and they got here on the 26th. 3 days to Ohio! I'm impressed. Only wished they had a 12T pinion in stock. I'm running the 11T in it now and may switch to the 12T depending on how it does after the first run.:thumbup:

sokal
12-27-2008, 09:38 AM
I've never had anything shipped that fast from California. I ordered the the 3500kv motor and a few extra pinions on the 23rd and they got here on the 26th. 3 days to Ohio! I'm impressed. Only wished they had a 12T pinion in stock. I'm running the 11T in it now and may switch to the 12T depending on how it does after the first run.:thumbup:
i know these guys are great. i will buy from them from now on cheap, fast and quality cant beat that.

did you have to do the mods i did to get it to work. or something else looking for a better method if thier is one

an 11T will give you 2747
that the heads speed of stock with 10T

JCB287
12-28-2008, 06:02 AM
I did have to file another flat on the shaft up higher for the pinion set screw,but didn't have to mess with the mounting holes for the motor.The 11T pinion gave me the room for mesh adjustment on the main gear.A 12T may work also without mods to the frame.Guess we will find out when I get a 12T.:)

lowwing
12-29-2008, 06:54 PM
the next issue was the sonic tail shaft gear. the issue was the gear tooth spacing was to narrow for the stock b400 belt it would cause a belt tooth to ride on a tail shaft gear tooth. so what i did to fix the issue was modified a strock tail shaft. what i did was cut off the plastic spacers on the gear side and the removable plastic spacer. so all that was left was the gear its self and the belt walls. then i took the shortest brass spacer on the b400 (the upper belt pully gear spacer) and filed them down evenly to keep the tailshaft gear centered will get the # once i get to work so i can us the calipers. so i filed them dow to the exact same size as the sonic tail gear and looks like it would work very well. IMO id rather have a CNC one. so may get a eflite cnc tail shaft and have someone mill them down for me.
http://www.helifreak.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=73886&stc=1&d=1230353479

im using the speed up gear as the belt pully for now to see if its any better than stock. the speed up gear has more teeth than stock so its wider wich makes the belt really close to the boom wals at the boom entrance. so may go with stock or modify an new one. but so far going well have everything needed except the 3 cyclic servos and a main gear will have in a few days. so my the 10th or so i should be flying.

i have emailed CNCHELI and thier support has been exellent. they are working on a solution to the tail issue will post further input from CNCHELI. thanks

I hope they send out the repaired part to customers you have bought there upgrade cnc parts. They did not model it from a b400:thumbdown: Good find sokal How did you find that.

sokal
12-29-2008, 07:08 PM
I hope they send out the repaired part to customers you have bought there upgrade cnc parts. They did not model it from a b400:thumbdown: Good find sokal How did you find that.
i noticed it jumping a tooth

i think if i get the cnc eflite shaft i can have someone nill it to exact to fit
but so far thier going to send me a 397T belt to see if it works. if not they recommended a diffrent tail but its not black my biggest reason for this tail

NotEnoughTime
12-29-2008, 08:08 PM
good to know Sokal. I am gonna be running a Mavrik belt, its a 397t also. Let me know you might have yours on before me.

viridis
12-29-2008, 08:37 PM
ya good to know i ordered the head and tail to it is on the way . i wonder if the trex belt would work:dontknow damn my sig is big

lowwing
12-29-2008, 09:09 PM
Well I guess I would have ran across it after it was put together also. Stay on top of them sokal. I will contact them.

they need to machine a new part and send it out ( as they advertised B400). Let us know what they have to say.

NotEnoughTime
12-29-2008, 09:26 PM
the Trex belt is what I'm gonna be using. The tail is designed for either. I will look at the belts tonight and check the width.

lowwing
12-29-2008, 09:41 PM
i noticed it jumping a tooth

i think if i get the cnc eflite shaft i can have someone nill it to exact to fit
but so far thier going to send me a 397T belt to see if it works. if not they recommended a diffrent tail but its not black my biggest reason for this tail

I don't think that you should have to get someone to mill it for you, cnc should take care of it completely. Some or maybe most of the guys do not have that resource.
I mean I could go over to SMW machine shop and have Denis make one but to make one would be more than I spent on the whole setup. My attitude on this is I'm going to push them in taking care it. None of use should be re engineering that part.

And what about the 397t belt you still have the drive side?

lowwing
12-29-2008, 09:44 PM
the Trex belt is what I'm gonna be using. The tail is designed for either. I will look at the belts tonight and check the width.

So if you can use the trex belt does that mean the tail boom is the same lenght as the b400?

sokal
12-29-2008, 09:57 PM
So if you can use the trex belt does that mean the tail boom is the same lenght as the b400?
some rex booms are shorter and some the same but yes both will work as long as belt has proper tention

but im not sure if the belt will work with pully gear

lowwing
12-29-2008, 10:07 PM
some rex booms are shorter and some the same but yes both will work as long as belt has proper tention

but im not sure if the belt will work with pully gear

It really sounds like to me that the tail assembly might work better on a trex 450. Have you had a problems with the main rotor head?

lowwing
12-29-2008, 10:23 PM
Oh by the way I did fill in the cut outs on the side frames. What I used was epoxy two part clear and mixed it with glass beads came out great. Could not mix fiber glass in the house and it's to cold in the barn.

http://www.helifreak.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=74350&stc=1&d=1230607218

sokal
12-29-2008, 10:27 PM
Oh by the way I did fill in the cut outs on the side frames. What I used was epoxy two part clear and mixed it with glass beads came out great. Could not mix fiber glass in the house and it's to cold in the barn.

http://www.helifreak.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=74350&stc=1&d=1230607218
looks really good may add some food coloring to make mine red

lowwing
12-29-2008, 10:34 PM
Never even thought of food coloring. Let me know how that works out. I should have added more beads to it. But I did find that I could scan the side frame and make a decal in any color I want. Have you tried the blank decal sheet yet?

NotEnoughTime
12-29-2008, 11:01 PM

I am going to be using the Align V2 carbon tail boom which is shorter and allow me use the Mavrik belt for the V2, so I will see how cg is affected and let u know

NotEnoughTime
12-30-2008, 04:20 AM
Checked the widths, both 3mm, so not sure if the Trex belt is going to work either. I have been putting off my build due to messing around with my other helis at this time, but am def. gonna get at it this weekend. I will keep you guys posted in this thread. I also sent cncheli a email regarding the tail issue. Everyone who has a cncheli tail should do the same.

sokal
12-30-2008, 08:50 AM
Checked the widths, both 3mm, so not sure if the Trex belt is going to work either. I have been putting off my build due to messing around with my other helis at this time, but am def. gonna get at it this weekend. I will keep you guys posted in this thread. I also sent cncheli a email regarding the tail issue. Everyone who has a cncheli tail should do the same.
they recomended the pro-tail to me cause is has a 11t gear. but i wana try to get this one right since it being black was my biggest reason to get this tail. the pro tail are nice all bearing tail but only in blue and silver i guess i can get it re colored but that would cost me $$$ so im thinking im going to look around for diffrent gears and see if other are the samew width.

or just mod a eflite cnc

lowwing
12-30-2008, 11:21 AM
sokal it does not look like I have the same problem with the tail pulley. Belt fits fine.
I had email them on this problem and they told me that the problem had been fixed.
So I think that you may have got a early type could that be the case? And I do agree with you on there support. They seem to be on top of it.

sokal
12-30-2008, 03:10 PM
sokal it does not look like I have the same problem with the tail pulley. Belt fits fine.
I had email them on this problem and they told me that the problem had been fixed.
So I think that you may have got a early type could that be the case? And I do agree with you on there support. They seem to be on top of it.
how many teeth is on your tail gear

also spint the blades and watch the gear you will see it lump/pull away from the gear ever so offten.

they say thiers no other gear

viridis
12-30-2008, 08:59 PM
they up graded the frame http://www.cnchelicopter.com/servlet/the-1446/Eflite-Blade-400-CNC/Detail:)

sokal
12-30-2008, 09:37 PM
wow i guess they took our ideas and made it work
i requested a breakdown parts for purchase

only thing changed with the H version is the shorter word stamp.

KOBIJUST
12-30-2008, 10:04 PM
It says H is for heavy since the new frame is heavier. Also do you see the breakdown parts are available now

NotEnoughTime
12-31-2008, 05:51 AM
wow i guess they took our ideas and made it work
i requested a breakdown parts for purchase

only thing changed with the H version is the shorter word stamp.

Looks to me like the battery tray has changed also.

Scratch that, just diff. angle photo.