PDA

View Full Version : Beginner question about the stock RTF transmitter

Samiad
01-08-2009, 07:46 AM
Hi all,

Total beginner here! I bought a MCX yesterday after hearing great things about it and I can easily see why - it's great fun and easy to pick up!

I bought my dad a Lama2 3 channel helicopter for Christmas and sometimes like to fly that too, as it's a bit more challenging to fly in a smaller space. One thing I found was that the 4 channel controls of the MCX and the 3 channel controls of the Lama2 are quite different.

E.g. the yaw controls on the Lama2 are controlled by the right stick (horizontally), but on the MCX they are on the left stick (horizontally).

I don't have any experience beyond these two beginner helis so was wondering which control scheme is more 'standard' and whether there was any way to get the MCX to have the yaw control on the right stick (such as buying another transmitter perhaps).

There is a little bit of added difficulty when learning with these two helicopters as the controls are quite different but I think I prefer the Lama2 layout (although that could be because I am more familiar with it at this point).

Thanks for any help.

Sam

tom dubya
01-08-2009, 09:02 AM
Sounds like you have the lama tx set to mode 1. There should be a dip switch in the battery compartment of your tx to change it to mode2. Most people fly in mode 2, thats what i would get used to.

edit: wait i just saw that your in the uk,i'm having a brain fart and can't remeber if you guys fly in mode 1 or 2 across the pond there. Well what ever your comfortable with, i'd just get used to the same mode though.

mjdee14
01-08-2009, 05:45 PM
The mcx Tx can't be changed by the end user....even though there is a switch inside....the gimbles have to be swapped and someone with good soldering skills tried and it's very dificult....

You need to puchase another TX in the mode you want.....or else get a 2.4mhz transmitter like a DX6 or 7 that can be used on several models......

tintoy
01-10-2009, 11:12 AM
FYI we mostly fly mode 2 in the UK...

tom dubya
01-10-2009, 04:33 PM
But why do you drive on the wrong side of the road?;)

tintoy
01-10-2009, 06:03 PM
What other way is there to avail of the thrill of avoiding oncoming traffic every time we go overseas?

tom dubya
01-10-2009, 07:08 PM
Lol, ya thats why i had to stop drinking.