PDA

View Full Version : Everybody welcome Finless Bob, the How-To guy!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]

robbin wilham
12-12-2007, 11:29 PM
hello i bought a used raptor .30 and used the manual and the manual that came with my 9303 but i cant seem to get it to hover right for some reason and im new to the 9303 features im used to an older x-388s and does anyone have ideas where i can get some info on calibrating these 2 together ,thanks

concho
01-16-2008, 09:35 PM
bob your such a generous person
and your video help me and others heli freak to build and fly heli the way it should
thanks bob

CallMeNick
01-25-2008, 10:09 PM
Hi Bob,

I want to thank you from the bottom of my newbie heart for the time you've taken to make all these videos. I've learned so much, I can't even express my gratitude fully for how much I've learned!

And a suggestion, if you would... A lot of new people coming into the hobby with the success of the Blade 400 package. And I can't be the only one who's crashed this beast then wondered how the heck you go about repairing the head assembly!

In the meantime, I'll keep watching your videos on other Heli's and learning more everytime. Thanks again!

Nick

ray jr.
01-30-2008, 05:13 PM
thanks bob
your videos help me (newbie) with my t-rex 450sa
it flies like a dream
and like you say practice on the sim as much as you can
after two batteries flights the hands are sweaty and shaky
but again it flies great
thanks
ray

SeanOC
02-02-2008, 10:25 AM
Hi Bob,

I want to thank you from the bottom of my newbie heart for the time you've taken to make all these videos. I've learned so much, I can't even express my gratitude fully for how much I've learned!

And a suggestion, if you would... A lot of new people coming into the hobby with the success of the Blade 400 package. And I can't be the only one who's crashed this beast then wondered how the heck you go about repairing the head assembly!

In the meantime, I'll keep watching your videos on other Heli's and learning more everytime. Thanks again!

Nick

I was coming into basically post the exact same thing Nick did. First and foremost your videos have been so helpful, THANK YOU!!!

I decided to go with the Blade 400 for the all around bargain and instant upgrade to 2.4ghz technology.
While so many of your videos have been completely appropriate the CCPM video is still T-rex specific. I know you're kind of preoccupied with the 500 right now but any plans to get ahold of the new Blade and tinker with it?

Much appreciated,

Sean

HeliHulk
02-06-2008, 03:24 PM
Does Finless fly Airplane as well and if he does which is he a better pilot planes or Heli. I have seen him fly Heli and he is great in the vid....

WBFAir
02-07-2008, 09:20 PM
Hey guys if I wanted to ask Bob a question, what would be the best, most appropriate way to do so.

I see that he has a personal website with an e-mail link but I don't want to bother him that way if doesn’t like that.

Thanks

Finless
02-09-2008, 08:55 PM
Hey guys if I wanted to ask Bob a question, what would be the best, most appropriate way to do so.

I see that he has a personal website with an e-mail link but I don't want to bother him that way if doesn’t like that.

Thanks

Just PM me as I will have PM's on this evening (in about 2 hours). I was on a biz trip and just got home... Let me catch up and then I will turn PM's back on.

However if your going to ask a question for help I ask that you post that kind of question in one of the forums! If I answer you via PM no one else gets to learn... Thats what forums are about so other can participate and learn too... So unless the question is about me of my videos, please ask a technical question in a forum!

Bob

WBFAir
02-09-2008, 09:49 PM
Just PM me as I will have PM's on this evening (in about 2 hours). I was on a biz trip and just got home... Let me catch up and then I will turn PM's back on.

However if your going to ask a question for help I ask that you post that kind of question in one of the forums! If I answer you via PM no one else gets to learn... Thats what forums are about so other can participate and learn too... So unless the question is about me of my videos, please ask a technical question in a forum!

Bob

Hello Bob and thanks for the reply and offer to PM you.

Yeah I was hoping to post the question to your board for that very reason but I found out that we can't start a thread there which understand and makes sense as I'm sure that it would be posted to relentlessly if that were possible.

Basically I have a question stemming from something I saw on your 450 frame build relating to the tail drive gear assembly and was hoping to ask you about it but I would certainly like the discussion to be know to others too so I guess I will post it in the 450 section and I'll PM you with the title so hopefully that should cover all the bases.

Thanks

ontheway
03-07-2008, 02:20 PM
Hello Bob,

I am downloading many of your vids whether related or not, there are always small hints hidden somewhere, so thank you very much.

I have a couple of questions, first, what are the chances on making a nitro2electric conversion video, like an Raptor-E conversion? (erm.. yes, I have a titan kit and still thinking what to do with it after reading more n more about nitro mess *grin* )

And second is about video format, ever considered to convert vids to mp4 AVC format, instead of wmv? it might be smaller (your video qual. is perfect, but in video bussines, looking more perfection never ends), plus, do you apply noise removal before encoding, this also helps to decrease the size.

My sincere thanks.

SCCreations
04-19-2008, 01:32 PM
Been to a few heli forums but have settled on Helifreak as my home.
No. 1 reason? You Bob. Thanks, and Welcome!

mudder
04-20-2008, 11:56 AM
Just want to thank you Bob, i am somewhat new about a year into helis now and your vids have made it alot more fun then frustraighting for me now. the vids on pitch and throttle curves were the most helpful info i have ever gotton. keep up the great work. i also have a suggestion. instead of marketing and selling your vids maybe have a place where people can sponser you with donations to help pay for your time and cost to make the vids. i would be the first to flop down a twenty. thanks again, Mudder :thumbup:

Hawk18052
04-20-2008, 01:30 PM
I still haven't gotten through all of them yet, the curves101 was really helpful and the gyro one, well actually they are all great.

Thanx,
Hawk

jayrat
04-22-2008, 12:53 AM
I'd still be looking at all the bent and broken pieces if it wasn't for you and your vids. Thanks Bob!!!

flytier20032000
06-14-2009, 07:15 PM
HI bob
my name is Marvin my wife bought me a JR Venture 30 the moter that is in it leaks like a water hose so i bought a os 37 heli engine i need to break it in but i don't know
how to hover yet do you have any helpful advise for me

loopyleigh
06-18-2009, 08:16 PM
Hi Bob just wanted to take the time to say a very big THANK YOU for all the build videos you do. It must be very time consuming making the vids and a real drain on your broadband connection to upload the hundreds of megs worth of clips that you kindly put up to educate us all. Many many Thanks...

Raptorg2zman
06-19-2009, 11:29 AM
I buy some also
Your vids have saved me countless times already and I'm only one year into this crazy hobby I love
JRod