PDA

View Full Version : New dampers

Pages : 1 [2]

flashprash65
02-01-2009, 08:36 AM
check your main bearings

Slufoot
02-01-2009, 07:40 PM
Ok i replaced the dampers with the set that come with the helie and it flys like a new bird ..... the aftermarket dampers suck .........
well for low head speed they suck....maby the sent the wrong dampers i will reorder some different dampers

R0t0R
02-01-2009, 09:32 PM
Kind of thought that was what it was. Until you go to higher head speeds for most of your flying, the stock ones should work well for you. I use these...

http://www.readyheli.com/TREX_V2_Head_Dampener_Upgrade_Red_Dampers_by_Tru_p/dampeners2.htm

They work well for me, but I don't fly in anything other than st2 except for spool up. Next time I order I will most likely get these...

http://www.readyheli.com/Green_TrueBlood_Trex_450_V2_Super_Hard_Dampeners_p/dampeners5.htm

These definitely aren't for anyone who flys with a lower head speed. Mine is somewhere around 3200rpm with a Scorpion -8 motor.

ScottKidder
02-01-2009, 11:08 PM
Those dampers are meant to be run at high head speeds, Bob talks about this in one of his videos. They don't suck, they're just not suited to your style of flying :).

Slufoot
02-02-2009, 06:58 PM
They never give me a head shake in flight 2 or 3 but just to land the helie it would start shaking i looked at the hole and the oring hole was way bigger and the aftermarket hole was small i was thinking they may have sent me the wrong dampers i was super hard to get the shaft out

helijack
02-03-2009, 02:02 AM
They probably sent you the V1 dampeners. Those are the one I use on my SE, and they definately don't suck! :) Flies absolutely beautiful! Smooth as butter! :)
Good luck with your dampeners, bud. :) Hope you get the right ones.

andeck
02-06-2009, 02:51 AM
a friend recently gave me the dampeners you posted a link to, the black ones to try in my v2. Man, I struggled for about 1/2 hour and couldn't even get them in, don't know what's going on there!!

have you got your head set up very nicely. Perhaps you are getting a bit more ambitious with your flying now and pulling the stick harder....perhaps you ahve some binding issues. also, at very high swash angles you can feel a bit of resistance as you turn the blades.

Another thing could be that one of your balls is just about to come loose on your head and you have contact! CHECK ALL SCREWS AGAIN!!

helihathnofury
02-06-2009, 04:55 AM
I think what you have is the blades not being positioned properly in their holders, causing head vibration at higher rpm. Like you, I use a scorpion 2221/8 and use the new thicker V2 dampers. This will give you head speeds in STUNT at over 3000rpm [ assuming your throttle curve "v" is at around 80% at mid-stick ]
There are 2 schools of thought on this:
You can have your blades fairly loose in the blade holders in the hope that they will position themselves centrifugally. Or,
You can have the blades tight in their holders so they will not lead or lag.

I prefer the latter setup. choosing to spool the blades up slowly to mid-stick and then going to STUNT. In that way, a blade will not lead/lag and hence will not cause the blade asymmetry which I believe is creating your vibration and tracking at higher rpm.

Try tightening the blades so they will not move, and see what happens. Remember to spool up slow though.

helihathnofury
02-06-2009, 04:58 AM
all this stuff is new .Maby the blades is to tite , but i have ruled out the blades being out of balance i have 2 sets both sets do the same .... you haft to consider that it only starts shaking when i jerk the nose up and down like flying foward and pulling the nose up for backward flying it shakes so bad that its just a mater of time befor it slings the helie a part

That is also a symptom of having a lose flybar case. Check the 2 screws holdinh the flybar case to the head assembly.

dabigrussian
02-06-2009, 10:27 AM
Hey,
I read about using the tubing from nitro kits as dampening material- got it on both my b400 and cp pro = i love it on both! I dont need a super stiff 3d ready head so it works great for basic FF - very smooth in a hover, just sits there. Dont know if that would help you out or not. as for the shake - I would order a burger with it! lol - just kidding. I have had the shake and if you 100% sure all is set up mechanically and electrically then TIGHTEN the main blades and the shake will disappear. Thats exactly what happens to me after changing blades and with tighter blades the shake is gone! but the burger remains...

JEB123
02-06-2009, 12:15 PM
These definitely aren't for anyone who flys with a lower head speed. Mine is somewhere around 3200rpm with a Scorpion -8 motor.

What pinion are you using?

JEB123
02-06-2009, 12:22 PM
Hey,
the shake is gone! but the burger remains...
DDddzzzzhhhhaaaaaahahaha.:shock: That's FRIED!!!!!