PDA

View Full Version : Crash, Need Help Diagnosing

mjm0505
02-02-2009, 06:48 PM
Alright, just got in from flying. I had it about 100ft in the air and brought it down fast with negative pitch. When it got about 5 feet off the ground I gave it positive (I guess too much) and the tail let loose. I watched in horror as the heli starting spinning out of control.

I broke a few normal parts. Unfortunately, I have a great problem. When I was doing damage assessment with a new lipo, I noticed that the motor would not spin up. It would jerk like it wanted to and then quit. I finally got it to spin up, however, afterward, the cyclic servos start pulsating up and down extremely fast and the receiver light was flashing fast. Is this an ESC problem? Now the motor wont spin up and the servos just pulsate back and forth quickly (all 3 of them).

Thanks!

BKF
02-03-2009, 06:44 PM
Start by yanking all the servo/gyro wires and hook up just the motor & receiver/throttle. See if the throttle works. Try re-binding if you have to. Start adding servo connections one at a time to see if you run into one that's messed up and causing the trouble you're seeing.

Also double check to make sure the new lipo you tried really was charged by trying another lipo.

mjm0505
02-04-2009, 07:35 AM
I tried this the next day and it seem to work. Thanks!