PDA

View Full Version : Pulled the trigger today picked up the 250

Druznm
02-03-2009, 04:17 PM
I have yet to master more then a tail in hover but decided to pick up the 250 its just too cute:banana:YeaBaby:, But I am not going to fly it until I master flying my blade 400 this baby is sweet though, I will start assy tonight I think.

Anyone have tips/tricks/thoughts ideas on the assembly?

HeathH
02-03-2009, 04:24 PM
be very gentle with the screws. other than that it is a really easy build. it is one of my favorite helis now.

Druznm
02-03-2009, 04:26 PM
ha just as I read "when tightening linkage balls and screws please note to tighten them firml , but do not over tighten or the plastic parts will break or you will strip your screws..

Oh well time to just take it nice and slowly.

Does there happen to be any assy videos like Sokul has ?

HeathH
02-03-2009, 04:34 PM
yes jasmine did the build vids for it.

Azlum
02-03-2009, 04:59 PM
Dont even TRY to tighten/loosen any of the balls on the metal head parts. You WILL snap one off if you do.

toyturbo
02-03-2009, 06:08 PM
When you're inserting the align 0.9mm allen wrench tool into the screws, they sorta have to click into place before you start turning or else you will strip them, just be careful and wiggle it around until you hear a click, and that it is fully seated.

Druznm
02-03-2009, 07:26 PM
Ran into my first problem.

On the Servo's in the manual it shows 4 holes on the ------()------ servo arm. The Servo arm s that came with the model have 5 holes --------------()--------------

What do I do, put them on the 4th hole or the 5th hole?:arggg:

If I leave them where they are on the 4th hole it "looks" like after attaching the linkage they would hit the servo itself, may have answerd my own question but still need to double check?!

Druznm
02-03-2009, 08:05 PM
next hang up...

How far up or down or where do I tighten the lock collar on the main shaft?

cbrian4
02-03-2009, 10:35 PM
Use the last holes on all servos and the collar thing, attactch your main gear to the bottom of the shaft and pull up on the shaft firmly and slide the collar down as far as it will go so that its against the bearing at the top; tighten the collar when you are pulling this should preload it a bit and there should be no play. To check for play grab the head and try to pull up and push down on it. The shaft should not budge.

Druznm
02-03-2009, 10:39 PM
I am also noticeing a slight difference in where the motor gear meets the main gear , and where the main gear meets the tail rotor gear. The main gear is even with the motor gear but is slightly higher or lower *dont recall* , in relation to the tail rotor gear. I am curious if I didnt put the main motor gear on correctly, even though I followed the rules on glueing it flush with the motor shaft...

6 hours and about 70% done should have it done by tomorrow god willing this migraine goes away. Thank you everyone.

HeathH
02-03-2009, 10:42 PM
my tail gear is a little lower than the main i think. i have had no issues with it being that way on roughly 20 flights.

Druznm
02-04-2009, 04:11 PM
Thanks for the help, getting it ready to begin day two of assy, standbye for more questions... hopefully not but you never know :)

HeathH
02-04-2009, 04:22 PM
it is a really fun heli you will like it:thumbup:

Druznm
02-04-2009, 04:24 PM
As I sit here installing servos into spaces smaller then the crack of a fleas butt I am thinking how am I going to level the servo's horns after it is assy?

Should I plug in the radio while its in pieces and 90* all the servos before building 100%?

helidude3
02-04-2009, 04:31 PM
on jasmine's video she plugs it all in while she is setting everything up. I think it would be complicated to do it afterwards because of where the servos are positioned.

HeathH
02-04-2009, 04:35 PM
i didnt watch her vids, but i installed the servos in the frame and then when setting up the swash mix i added the horns. you can reach the elevator output shaft after the servo is installed.

i also removed the top half of the frame from the lower when setting up that way i could reach the receiver easier.

Druznm
02-04-2009, 04:36 PM
Ok, thats what I figured, do I use the JR 7 channel config to setup? I am using a DX7

HeathH
02-04-2009, 04:38 PM
not sure what that is? choose the 3 servo 120deg swash in the dx7. i also didnt use the instruction manual either.

helidude3
02-04-2009, 04:40 PM
do I use the JR 7 channel config to setup? I am using a DX7

Its adifferent radio so set up will be different. I think that some would be the same ie. servo reversing.