PDA

View Full Version : Trex XL HDE Build Videos will be here!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

jocatch
07-17-2006, 09:31 AM
OK, but my question is, with center stick, shouldn't the tail blades have x degress of pitch and if so, how much? Should I adjust so the bushing is centered on the rotor shaft or the control arm perpendicular to the boom (how it is now)?

Joe C.

zooland1
07-17-2006, 09:03 PM
I read a thread that said the tail should be 8 degrees with the servo centered. It said it takes about that in hover so that's how I set mine and it works perfectly. When I am in hover and the gyro is holding, the servo is fairly centered.

Finless
07-17-2006, 09:12 PM
With digital servos etc... that really doesnt matter unless you plan to fly in rate mode. But I argue even still that now the servo now moves farther in one direction than the other to get full movement of the pitch slider. That is worse in my opionion than not having the servo center at hover..... 3D pilots are rarely at center on the rudder anyway.

Bob

zooland1
07-18-2006, 08:48 PM
So basicly you're saying the servo should be centered to the center of the slider?

Finless
07-18-2006, 09:14 PM
YEP.... no reason not too!
The idea of having a servo centered in hover is a OLD idea based on technologies of older gyros.....

Try it and tell me otherwise...... I am always OPEN to ideas.

Bob

zooland1
07-20-2006, 11:27 PM
Been off for a couple days, but that icon is just plain freaky :)

Finless
07-20-2006, 11:28 PM
:)

zooland1
07-21-2006, 10:31 PM
Now that one I like, is it one of your's?

Finless
07-21-2006, 11:26 PM
Yep... a pic of my own bird going inverted!

Bob

Plane Hazza
07-25-2006, 03:20 PM
Hey guys,

I am a regular Run Ryder member and I thought I'd show my face here too.

Thanks for the top quality vids bob!

Really helpful!!

BarnOwl
07-27-2006, 02:18 AM
Welcome aboard Plane Hazza!

Plane Hazza
07-27-2006, 12:13 PM
Cheers for the welcome BarnOwl!!

Im looking forward to joining this community :glasses:

:noteworthy

Jammer
08-20-2006, 08:10 PM
Hi all.
I'm a brand new heli owner in Australia and have been looking everywhere on the 'net for some good, practical assembly advice for the T-Rex 450 and I've finally found it here!!! There doesn't seem to be much around concerning practical advice for heli assembly in Australia, so I'm ecstatic that I found HeliFreak.com and Bob's videos! I've been really stuck on a couple of things and I wish that I'd had these videos when I first started assembling the heli a couple of days ago. They would have reduced much of the uncertainty that I had as a noob.

Great stuff Bob (& HeliFreak). There are some fantastic resources here - the videos are outstanding for noobs like myself.

Cheers,
Gary

kgfly
08-20-2006, 08:15 PM
Gary,

Good news, there is a vibrant and very helpful local RC heli community in Australia, including some very active folk up on the Gold Coast. :)

Take a look at www.archeli.com.au, it too is a great resource with the benefit that the information is all local.

Jammer
08-20-2006, 08:22 PM
Thanks Kenneth. I joined the archeli forum last week but haven't been able to find what I was looking for re. 450XL assembly. I know the videos here are for the HDE but they're a great resource to start with. But thanks anyway - nice to see another Aussie on a US forum!

I'm really looking forward to being involved with the r/c heli community.

Cheers
Gary

rdlohr
08-20-2006, 08:27 PM
Bob has some 450XL SE videos too that should be really close to the 450XL.

kgfly
08-20-2006, 08:52 PM
Gary,

Glad you found archeli. Yup, Bob's videos are a marvelous resource that have helped me (and hundreds of other folk) a lot.

Be sure to watch the full set, even for the heli's that you don't own, since you will pick up all kinds of useful hints and develop a greater understanding of the differences and similarities between helis.

If yours is a 450XL(CDE) then watch Bob's SE build videos from here:
http://www.helifreak.com//viewtopic.php?t=12455

Beware, you're gonna get hooked :wink:

Jammer
08-20-2006, 09:26 PM
If yours is a 450XL(CDE) then watch Bob's SE build videos from here: http://www.helifreak.com//viewtopic.php?t=12455
Beware, you're gonna get hooked :wink:Kenneth, I think I'm already starting to get hooked and I'm still only putting it together :D Thanks for the link - I'd already downloaded a couple of those but it's good to know that I should probably take a look at all of them.

Thanks guys :D

Gary

oly.jonny
08-28-2006, 02:37 PM
in the hde overview video you say that it is a separete video that show how to sotter(dont now how to write it.) can someone give me a link?

Mvh Oly

Finless
08-28-2006, 04:08 PM
Here for Deans COnnectors:
http://video.helifreak.com/?subpath=finless/generic&filename=soldering_deans101.wmv

and here for motor connectors:
http://video.helifreak.com/?subpath=finless/generic&filename=soldering_bullets101.wmv

Bob

don_87
09-08-2006, 11:27 PM
Bob,
Any idea when you will be able to finish this video? Sure could use it.

Thanx, Don

retarded_idiots
09-10-2006, 02:53 AM
Finless can we have a video on the build of a Trex 450XL CDE version??? :D

darryn
09-25-2006, 03:55 PM
Hi there all.

I currently have a Walkera #36 and am hoping to get my 450XL CDE in the next few weeks. This will be my first heli build, so you guys can expect many questions from me.

Before asking my questions, I big shout out to Bob for his time and effort with helping on this forum.
Bob, you are an inspiration to the rest of us. :noteworthy :noteworthy

In Bob's videos, he refers to something called "Plumber's/Shoe Goop".
Can someone explain to me what this is? I have spoken to people here in South Africa, and can't seem to get any information. Am I correct in saying that it is a type of silicon?
If I am not able to find the exact brand that Bob uses, I want to try and find something equivalent.

What is the best lubricant to use on metal to metal components? Is it white lithium grease (I have heard Bob mention it in his videos)?

Is it advisable to lubricate the tail belt? If so, what is the best lubricant to use and what would be the best way to do it?

Just a note to add to one of Bob's replies regarding tools. He mentioned the Align hex screwdrivers. I have just bought myslef a set and must agree with him. The tools are of a very good quality and are not expensive at all. I don't know how I did without them before.

TIA

Finless
09-25-2006, 07:44 PM
If this helps, thisa is a picture of the "shoe goop".
It's a rubber type cement. Picture attached

For every flight type of lube (Swash, washout hub, tail slider, etc) Use Tri-flow teflon based oil or a light machine oil like what RC car people use.

Bob

shanea1
10-08-2006, 04:07 AM
Great help thank alot :noteworthy :D from aussie land