PDA

View Full Version : Duralite Charging

Ralphw
06-07-2004, 09:46 PM
I am considering making the switch to the Duralite system in my Vigor and Venture, but I have a question. I notice that they state to ONLY charge with their charger. I have a Schulz 6-330b that I use with my LiPO packs on my eheli with great success. Is there some reason I cannot use this with the Duralites?? Not trying to reinvent the wheel here, but if I have a $190 charger that will do every battery type in my inventory, I have a hard time dropping another 100+ just to charge the receiver packs. Any information is greatly appreciated, as I would really like to make the change over.

Thanks,
Ralph W.

DavidH
06-08-2004, 08:33 AM
Ralph,
The charger you now have should charge the Duralites ( Lithium/ Ion ) with no problems. I have heard of pilots using Triton to charge the packs. Now with that being said, the Duralite packs have a charge circuit in them. The charge safe circuit does not work well with some of the Lithium chargers available. I would suggest to call Duralite and ask them if they have had any reports of the Duralite packs being charged with the type charger that you have.

Duralite will only warranty the packs when the Duralite charger is being used. That is what is stated in the website.

Jack Price at Duralite should be able to answer any questions you have.

David

Ralphw
06-08-2004, 09:15 AM
Thanks David. I'll give Jack a call this week and get the full scoop.

Ralph W.