PDA

View Full Version : Helicopter telemetry pack

tweav
03-11-2009, 02:41 AM
Am I the only one in the world that would like to know what's going on with my heli during a flight ? I was on the phone with horizon hobby today and asked them if my car based spektrum telemetry pack could be used on a dsm2 radio , and they said NO. And also they said no one had ever asked before. I find it kind of wierd that no one has ever wanted such a thing seeing how all the sensors needed are already on the helicopter. Heck I've got 3 car radios with built in telemetry and if you add up the price of all 3 of those they are still much cheaper then my 12x .All of my rx's have a data port ,what's it for if not for telemetry ? So is there anybody else out there that wants one ?

Pinecone
03-11-2009, 08:30 AM
www.eagletreesystems.com

XPS was supposed to have telemetry, but it hasn't been implemented yet.

Some other system has telemetry.

I think it would be great.

tweav
03-11-2009, 01:46 PM
do you think there is any way I could convert my spektrum pack from dsm to dsm2 ? I'm kind of thinking I can just put a small car dsm rx on the heli to run the telemetry and it will work , I think.

Skarn
03-11-2009, 05:21 PM
Not to be funny, but how would you even be able to look at any realtime telemetry DURING flight?

Also what do you mean by "all of the sensors are already on the helicopter"?

There are zero sensor on the heli's I have. What sensors are you talking about?

I personally have no desire to see live telemetry from my heli while I'm flying it...

Now after landing, an Eagletree would be nice, but for ME at least not a necessity.

Skarn

tweav
03-12-2009, 12:58 AM
the tach sensor is already there if you have a governor . and it would read the voltage in the on board battery . so you would have to add the temp sensor . but you don't really look at the screen until it has already told you that something is wrong by beeping or vibrating . the alarms are setup at the points you assign . say like at 245 degrees it will start beeping .then if you can't look at the screen in flight, land the heli down then look .

Pinecone
03-12-2009, 10:23 AM
Not to be funny, but how would you even be able to look at any realtime telemetry DURING flight?

Head's Up Display using LCD glasses. :)

tweav
03-12-2009, 01:45 PM
Can I get in any kind of trouble If I run a ground rx on a heli . Because I think that's all I'll have to do is hook a sr3000 to the heli to make the whole deal work.

tweav
03-12-2009, 02:36 PM
Or maybe just run a sr3300t