PDA

View Full Version : Begining in 3D - The easyeast manuver??

diegoaw
03-16-2009, 07:26 AM
HI I am thinking about to try some 3d manuvers, so i was wondering what should i try first???

What do you think is the easyeast manuver??

saltyzoo
03-16-2009, 07:32 AM
Landing without touching either skid to the ground.

Just kidding....

I really recommend learning your orientations before branching out. If you've got upright hover down then start learning inverted hover.

Actually, on second thought, stationary flips and rolls are a good idea before inverted hover, IMO.

Lota Fun R
03-16-2009, 07:47 AM
Inverted landing. :thumbup: But that comes natural though....

airjawed
03-16-2009, 08:43 AM
What orientations have you mastered?

Bob O
03-16-2009, 09:29 AM
Loops are fairly basic, just make sure you enter them with some decent forward speed.

Stall turns are fairly straight-forward.

Flips aren't that difficult. IMO, they are a great starting point for learning collective timing and management.

diegoaw
03-16-2009, 11:33 AM
HI! I know normal hover, BUT IN Fast forward flight sometimes i am not so good! I thin i shold start training a little bit mor orientations, so lather i will try some 3d!!

Thank you!

[X]Outlaw
03-16-2009, 12:08 PM
Get all 8 orientations down as well as circuits and nice slow smooth figure 8s, FFF then look at getting into the 3D

JAG1
03-16-2009, 03:40 PM
hi,can you nose in?
try this
http://www.littlerotors.com/flyinglessons/index.aspx

helped me loads,good luck.

Flatland
03-16-2009, 08:18 PM
I've brought this up before, but I'd recommend pirouetting circuits. Nothing that has been suggested so far are true "3D" moves by the definition most people go by. I've been practicing them a lot on the sim for the past month and I'm still having trouble being consistent with it. Although it's a difficult move to nail down, I think it's great for taking your orientation skills to the next level, as your constantly changing cyclic to keep the circuit.

In my opinion it's one of the most graceful moves there is. A perfectly level, constant radius constant piro inverted pirouetting funnel (that's a mouthful) is one of those moves that makes you think, "How can that be?" You don't see a whole lot of people doing it and it's a change from the usual stick banging, pitch pumping style of flying most people do.