PDA

View Full Version : Walkera HM Lama 2......anyone flying one?

v4impactor
03-26-2009, 03:04 PM
Is anyone flying the HM Lama 2? I need a replacement for my Esky Lama 4 that burned up and orginally I was thinking the Walkera 5-10, but then I saw the Lama 2 and this thing looks cool. I just can't seem to find a review of one on the net anywhere. If anyone has any experience with one, I'd love to know your thoughts and opinions. Thanks.http://i688.photobucket.com/albums/vv241/v4impactor/lama2_pic001.jpg

Dusty1000
03-27-2009, 03:15 AM
Hi, no but I have a 5#6 and a 5G6, as well as an Esky Lama V3, the smaller size is certainly better for indoors ...but... have you thought about moving up to single rotor helis e.g. a 4#3B or an Esky Honey Bee FP? Both are highly rated 'first single rotor' helis, there will be a bit of a learning curve, but practice is all it takes, and after you get the hang of flying single rotor helis you'll probably never fly a coax again, single rotor helis are so much more fun - I haven't flown any of my coax helis for several months though I fly at least one heli almost every day.

- just a thought :)

Dusty

Rick Hauler
03-31-2009, 01:16 AM
IMO, best little coaxial around. I have 2! I love them...they are extremely durable with the metal head. I've yet to wreck it bad enough where she won't keep going. Very stable too...the 5-10 is a sweet heli also...just a bit bigger. Can't go wrong either way, but I'd recommend the LAMA2.

JoelD
04-13-2009, 04:50 PM
I have had my Lama2 for a few months now and like it very much. I Have put 5 sets of motors in it and replaced the canopy and 1 blade. We put the lama2 through a tough pace over here. It is me and my 23 year old son so it gets flown a lot. It is tough, we crashed it a lot in the beginning and not so much now, it is very easy to hover inside but it takes a wind whipping if I go outside with it so most flights are inside.All in all its a lot of fun. Good luck with what ever you get.

v4impactor
04-13-2009, 07:20 PM
Yeah I think i'm going to go with a package deal that ehirobo.com has that includes the Lama 2 with the 2.4 ghz controller, plus the 4#3B. That way I can play around with the coxial when I get frustrated with the fixed pitch.