PDA

View Full Version : sonix reg cnc tail

keiser BLADE
04-20-2009, 02:44 AM
i have read about some peoples sonix reg cnc tail not workin so when i got my parts i didnt put mine on , until i seen the hub didnt look straight upon trying to find a vibration, so i gave my sonix tail a shot and the belt does skip a lil, it has a lot less slop than my regular tail, also the reg one the bearings were shot.
ive got to spool it up and bring it into hover inside it seems much better, so im gonna not fly it a whole lot, untill i order the pro tail
later brandon

pgrange
04-20-2009, 06:42 AM
keiser

I have the regular Sonix tail myself and I really like it. As far as the belt slipping did you swap your belt for a Trex 450 one? I did this with mine and it works like a charm but you also need to mod the tail idler pulley to Trex style also.

sokal
04-20-2009, 10:27 AM
keiser

I have the regular Sonix tail myself and I really like it. As far as the belt slipping did you swap your belt for a Trex 450 one? I did this with mine and it works like a charm but you also need to mod the tail idler pulley to Trex style also.
if you swap it with a rex one then it will slip on the front pully drive gear

eflite belts have a diffrent tooth spacing than rex
if u wana use the sonic tail shaft you will have to mod the front pully with a rex pully gear

untill i find away to do so i just moded a stock tail gear. works very well

pgrange
04-20-2009, 10:36 AM
Sokal

I didn't make myself clear in the first post. I did mod the front pulley to use a Trex pulley. I simply used some 5 minute Epoxy and glued a Trex 450 pulley onto the standard Blade front shaft. Still holding up after 40 odd flights. :thumbup:

sokal
04-20-2009, 10:44 AM
Sokal

I didn't make myself clear in the first post. I did mod the front pulley to use a Trex pulley. I simply used some 5 minute Epoxy and glued a Trex 450 pulley onto the standard Blade front shaft. Still holding up after 40 odd flights. :thumbup:
that was the idea i was going to go with soon.
but i need to find a solid boom about the same length. as the precuts in the stock boom give way and dont allow the tail to get a firm grip. but thats what i like about this hobby its trully a hobby that gets you to build and test thing out.

keiser BLADE
04-20-2009, 12:19 PM
i will try the e flite tailshaft , i know it works for everyone else.
if i can get a hold of my camra i snap some shots,
later brandon

sokal
04-20-2009, 03:02 PM
http://www.helifreak.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=73886&d=1230353479

macel
04-20-2009, 04:17 PM
just get yourself the protail and all this is not neccessary more than 30 flights with the protail, original eflite b400 belt and tail pully................ beautifull and i think it does have more steering way than normal hub i run my 401 on 100 % limit and i still have a lil space left, think will try a bigger servo horn next.....

sokal
04-20-2009, 07:22 PM
http://www.cnchelicopter.com/servlet/the-873/3dx450-HDX450SE-tail-pulley/Detail
this is accually all that you need

its the same shaft from the pro tail and will work in the sonic
i was to buy one but the stock tail mod is working very well so far so the next time i bend a shaft will go to this

reason i like the sonic tail is that its black and my bird still looks stock unless your close up on it

dont much like the blue or silver

keiser BLADE
04-21-2009, 12:41 AM
ill order it sokal an see how it works
thanks brandon