PDA

View Full Version : blade 400 esc

beigeboy09
04-29-2009, 10:28 PM
Hello , my question is about the esc , it is making some tones that I have not heard before. It is not the intializing tone. I tried rebinding but it still makes the same sound.
the heli suddley spun up and the reciever was in TH on and the Throttle was off.
any ideas??

KatanaBoi
04-30-2009, 04:03 AM
Hi beigeboy09,

The ESC makes a different noise if the throttle is not all the way down (usually if the throttle is at half or full stick). With other ESC's this is usually a step to enter programming mode. Also don't plug the battery in with any flight mode on (including throttle hold), wait untill the heli has initialised then switch throttle hold on, this could be why it spooled up suddenly.

Hope this helps a little,
Fletch:thumbup:

jteee
04-30-2009, 08:53 AM
FYI, guys, it's actually the motor that makes the tones :)

beigeboy09
05-01-2009, 10:23 AM
Thanks for the tips everyone, as always it has turned out to be pilot error. After putting in Hitech 65's I inadvertantly reversed the throttle in the reversing menu. However from the replies I have received I have another question. If I plug my battery in without throttle hold on, then the esc does a soft ramp even with the throttle stick at 0.So does every one run the trim on throttle to 0? Or am I missing some thing?
Quote from the manual
The throttle (left-hand) stick MUST be in the lowest possible position, with the throttle trim set in
approximately the middle position, in order for the ESC to arm. Also, the Flight Mode (F MODE)
switch must be in the “Normal” (0) position with the switch toggled toward the back of the
transmitter. The Throttle Hold (TH HOLD) switch should be set in the “Off” (0) position, however,
the ESC will still arm if the switch is set in the “On” (1) position and the “Hold” throttle curve
values are all set to 0%.

After confirming that the transmitter has been turned on and has an adequate level of battery
power (as displayed on the LCD screen at the bottom of the transmitter), and that the throttle stick
is in the lowest possible position, it is now safe to connect the flight battery to the ESC.
With battery power applied, you will hear two “beeps” once the ESC has armed properly. Use
caution as the motor, main rotor and tail rotor blades will now run with throttle stick input. For
safety, we suggest setting the Throttle Hold (TH HOLD) switch in the “On” (1) position once the
ESC has armed. This will keep the motor and rotor blades from running while you handle the
helicopter and transmitter (as long as the throttle curve values for the “Hold” flight mode are all
set to 0%, as they are from the factory).

1BADAIR
05-01-2009, 11:12 AM
make sure the throttle trim is centered. did you change the 0-100 for the throttle?
alot of times if you plug the heli in with throttle hold it will spool when you turn the switch off. always turn the throttle hold on after hearing 2 beeps upon power up..

xspare
05-01-2009, 09:56 PM
+1 on badair's throttle trim advice, and make sure to bind it like that.

Now, if I set my DX6i's HOLD THRO CURve at +10% it will match my throttle output at low-stick, according to the monitor in the menu. Then I can plug in my batt (with T/H engaged) at no risk of spooling up when I release T/H with low stick in normal mode.

beigeboy09
05-01-2009, 10:52 PM
thanks for that!