PDA

View Full Version : New to the Futaba

halley
05-04-2009, 09:22 PM
Just got my new T7C and two R617FS units from A Main Hobbies, they ran a special with two receivers for the price of one. Nice deal.

Completely bizarre two-tailed wall charger made no sense at all, and the manual didn't really help, but I got the two receivers bound to the transmitter okay anyway. I guess the RX on the wall charger doesn't mean receiver directly (with the Y switch) for binding/testing, it's for recharging the RX battery pack for nitro helis.

I still need a Futaba-square-to-USB converter for Heli-X, but that's in the mail.

How much do I need to switch/toggle/change if I want to use it for the sim and the heli? Do I dedicate one of the "model memories" for sim settings, versus my heli settings?

e30ernest
05-09-2009, 04:48 PM
Yes you will need to dedicate a model for the sim. Chances are, the swash type of your heli won't be compatible with the sim. Changing swash types resets the model.

halley
05-10-2009, 10:03 AM
Thanks, e30ernest. What cable and sim do you use, just curious?

e30ernest
05-10-2009, 10:04 AM
I'm using Phoenix. :)

HeliDraco
05-24-2009, 04:04 PM
...Completely bizarre two-tailed wall charger made no sense at all, and the manual didn't really help, but I got the two receivers bound to the transmitter okay anyway. I guess the RX on the wall charger doesn't mean receiver directly (with the Y switch) for binding/testing, it's for recharging the RX battery pack for nitro helis...

You're right :)
All Futaba systems I know have a twin charger - for the Tx and for the Rx Battery