PDA

View Full Version : Is this normal behavior

hal3146
05-07-2009, 08:07 PM
I am new to CP helis. Have had my blade for almost a week. Thanks to this board finally figured out how to switch the gyro between rate mode and heading hold.

So I set the gain to about 30% for rate and 65% for HH mode. With the heli in rate mode set it down spin it up and the tail want to spin around. Adjust the trim to compensate for it. No problem. So I get it off the ground and switch to HH mode and the heli spins the other way.

So basically it seems that the trim would need to be set differently for each gyro mode. Is this normal? Is there some way to adjust the trim separately for each gyro mode?

The electronics are all stock blade 400.

Thanks

edgee400
05-07-2009, 08:12 PM
From what ive read here is that you trim it mechanicaly in rate mode meaning twisting the links till you get her still in rate mode. Then when you switch to hh mode your supposed to trim it out with t5he trims . Some told me use the subtrims in hh others have told me use reg trims on hh mode. Some one will clear this up but with all that info i still have the same thing like yours . spins one way in rate opposite in hh and i have to trim for each.
ed

xspare
05-07-2009, 08:42 PM
Make sure to zero the TX sub-trim.
Let the heli sit outside for a while and come to a stable temperature.
Take off and use standard trim to stop the tail from spinning in a rate-mode hover.
Land and replace the TX trim with mechanical trim.

It should work fine now in rate mode or hh mode, but may require a few clicks of TX trim to zero out the tail drift.

Wolfpackin
05-07-2009, 09:55 PM
From what ive read here is that you trim it mechanicaly in rate mode meaning twisting the links till you get her still in rate mode. Then when you switch to hh mode your supposed to trim it out with t5he trims .

Short and sweet. +1

hal3146
05-08-2009, 06:28 AM
Thanks guys will try this tonight if it does not rain.

macel
05-08-2009, 06:49 AM
sorry but maybe i didn't understand or read you correctly.
first of all rate mode 30 % is fine but 60% in HH is too low try to increase, most people end up between 70 and 79 %.....
2nd if you lift off from the ground you are in HH mode, don't trim your tail, on the TX
it should come off pretty straight, once in a hover and it pulls slightly to the right, you should adjust the linkage length.

now to setup middle or neutral position, make sure you have 0 subtrim, 100 % INH on expo settings....... than adjust your tail pushrod so that tail blades are about 2
degress towards the tail boom (like in wanting to pull the tail to the left) when setting tail up mechanically, be sure you are in rate mode !!

2 usually does counteract thenatural thriving of the tail to push to the right.
make sure you lift off in HH mode.

now if you take off in rate mode 30 % gain only, you ll have to correct and keep tail straight mannually, usually i guess your tail will want to go to the right...... , if you correct now this by using the trim on the TX......... and than you switch to HH mode
the gyro will want to bring the tail to mid position but IT WILL NOW ADD YOUR TRIM.......... i.e. it will spin........

so if i read you right u were lifting off in rate mode, so, before you start changing your mechanical setup, take off in HH mode with 0 trim and it should come up straight and hold. if it pushes left or right correct mechanically by lenthening or shortening your
tail pushrods.......