PDA

View Full Version : CP + Losing Tail Control

donmcw
05-12-2009, 07:05 PM
Relatively new to the RC world and helicopters. I have a 'stock' E-flite Blade CP+ with an E-flite G90 gyro added. I've made a number of successful hover flights and am beginning to turn the nose to me and hover without losing control. Today was a completely new experience. As I added throttle (forgive me, I haven't gotten the terminology down) or in other words left stick up, I started to lose the tail. The more left stick I added the more the nose moved left. I increased (turned clockwise) the Proportional Trimmer Pot in small increments to try and correct but to no avail. I actually increased in small increments until full stop and back again in attempts to find a neutral position. No luck! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

WickedDragon
05-12-2009, 07:27 PM
Well, hello and welcome. Try this.....

Set the proportional pot to mid position....slot at 12:00-1:00
Set the gain on the gyro to 0; full CCW
Set the gain knob on the Tx to 2:00

If that doesn't work....same but.
gain on gyro..... 12:00 (mid-point)

Another quest for tail hold ensues!

donmcw
05-12-2009, 08:50 PM
Well, hello and welcome. Try this.....

Set the proportional pot to mid position....slot at 12:00-1:00
Set the gain on the gyro to 0; full CCW
Set the gain knob on the Tx to 2:00

If that doesn't work....same but.
gain on gyro..... 12:00 (mid-point)

Another quest for tail hold ensues!
Thanks Doug! I'll try your suggestions and report back. This forum has been a HUGE help!

cold duck
05-12-2009, 09:07 PM
The tail motor is waning, eh, wearing out. Been there done that many many times. Replace it and you should be golden.

donmcw
05-13-2009, 12:45 AM
The tail motor is waning, eh, wearing out. Been there done that many many times. Replace it and you should be golden.
Thanks cold duck! ....... The term cold duck brings back painful memories as a college kid in west Texas. I remember it as a very popular wine/drink providing a quick buzz but terrible head ache the next morning!!!!!!!!! Nevertheless, I'll pick up a new motor and have ready to instal in the event the process suggested by WickedDragon doen't fix the problem. Thanks to everyone for taking the time to help. I do appreciate it!

helidude3
05-13-2009, 10:13 PM
switching to a Brushless tail would solve you problems for good though :)

donmcw
05-13-2009, 10:49 PM
switching to a Brushless tail would solve you problems for good though :)
Thanks helidude3! That's on my wish list!

WickedDragon
05-13-2009, 10:51 PM
+1 on the brushless.

EVBmcx
05-17-2009, 09:24 PM
Replacing the tail motor helps. I've also found that fresh packs behave better - towards the end of a flight my tail starts to get strange.

That behavior - for me it was hovering tail in...zzzzzzz now we are nose in "we're going to be in the hudson"......- drove me to a T-Rex 500 which I have loved. But just got the BCP+ flying and I can zoom it around the backyard with less concern.

That's the BCP+