PDA

View Full Version : Question about Beam Washout Arms

Nitroman20
05-17-2009, 11:35 AM
Hello to all,

I noticed something on both of my washout arms of my beam e4 after a crash, but i assume its ok. I just want to be sure.

The washout arms, and to be more accurate the side of these that connects with the plastic link that goes to the swashplate, is completely straight or it faces a few degrees up (to the rotor head) so that the plastik link fits nice to the swashplate? I wonder if this is how it comes from the factory or it is caused by the crash.

Thanks!http://i459.photobucket.com/albums/qq319/nosakoss/beam401_swash_01_800_r1_c1.jpg

akshaw
05-20-2009, 08:35 PM
Nitroman, I remember from Finless collective setup vids that you want the washout levers horizontal when at 50% collective (mid stick, idle up). The levers on the top should also be horizontal at 50% collective. To get them that way you have to make small adjustments in the lengths of the links with all electronics installed, set up correctly and responding to stick input from your radio. Just remember to unplug your esc leads so you don't power up your motor when doing this.