PDA

View Full Version : cyclic servo mounting direction ?

rjuch
05-29-2009, 09:57 AM
hey guys,
I noticed in some pics of some guys helis that they mount the 2 front cyclic servos with the gear at the bottom. Ive mounted mine upright (gear on the top), does it make a difference ?

snjbird
05-29-2009, 10:51 AM
This is a CF kit...

http://www.helifreak.com/picture.php?albumid=2557&pictureid=18809

I think yes it matters, on the older kits, Don't know without looking on the ESP?

rjuch
05-29-2009, 11:27 AM
got a cf kit ... so im al good then :) wanna cleaqr something up for me ... what is a 600esp ? e vs esp ?

james1281
05-29-2009, 12:16 PM
rjuch,

- The T-rex 600E CF Kit is version #1 of the 600 electric heli.
- The T-rex 600ESP Kit is version #2 and ESP stands for Electric Super Pro. You can get this kit with either blue aluminum parts, or black and the frames do have a different configuration including - servo locations, no third main bearing block :confused:, 1.6 mm thickness, etc.

With the proper setup, both birds perform amazingly.

I hope this helps.

James

snjbird
05-29-2009, 01:33 PM
The early kits were named for there frame material, CF Carbon Fiber GF Glass Fiber, there was an aluminum one in there too.
They were the same other than that. I'm not totally sure about this but I think the name ESP comes from the release of the much anticipated Nitro Super Pro, this kit had all the Align bling, and was monstrously popular, people here and on other forums would type NSP to save time, and the SPs were born! The ESP kit has done more than just add bling they changed the geometry of the servos added an A arm, they changed the ESC and added a more powerful motor, and includes the torque tube… and there’s the bling

MarkFlysHelis
05-29-2009, 03:51 PM
The CF was designed to chase smaller, less agile animals, Like Ducks, Geese, etc. The ESP, for the faster, stream line fowl like Quail and Dove. The biggest advantage to the ESP is after you've run down your game, you can lay the HELI on it's side and fry up your catch.

Hope this helps...
-Mark

Many more of these types of posts to come this afternoon, It's Friday and I'm in just that sort of mood :D

blueviewlaguna
05-29-2009, 05:36 PM
Enjoyed that - entertain us! :thumbup: