PDA

View Full Version : Why Won't Horizon Hobby answer their email?

lokidude
06-08-2009, 01:46 PM
I have been trying for over 2 months to return my dx6i due to the recall. I followed the instructions on their site, and received a reply that I would be sent a call tag in 7 to 10 days.

I'm still waiting and at least 5 emails so far have gone unanswered.

I have heard how great their support is but it would seem that perhaps that only applies if you
phone them.

I think it is very poor business practice to ignore emails especially when they use email to let you know they are going to send you a call tag.

I'm about ready to drop kick my blade 400 and the dx6i out the window. It's not doing me any good sitting on the ground waiting for a return tag.
:arggg::arggg::arggg:

I suppose I could write them a letter on paper. perhaps that is the next course of action unless anyone else knows the secret to getting a response from Horizon hobby?

T/CHunter2009
06-08-2009, 02:12 PM
Call them . I did . pluds 2 E-mails . got best responce with customer sevice- via PHONE.

Bob O
06-08-2009, 07:21 PM
Might walk into your LHS. They have a special phone number for dealers and they might be able to get you quicker service.

neilg.
06-08-2009, 07:32 PM
send em a nice letter. express your concerns, send it registered with a return receipt. maybe they do not have your proper address. i got good results from them :YeaBaby:

rz500
06-08-2009, 08:15 PM
I had the same thing happen to me too, so I sent them a real nasty email saying ( hey thanks for the shitty service ) and boom within a week my UPS tag came and off the radio went. 3 weeks later it was back in my hands and fixed.

My 2 cents
RZ

ChasHeliCop
06-08-2009, 08:19 PM
Call and talk to Nikki ! Real nice and very helpful.

neilg.
06-08-2009, 09:16 PM
Larry was great to work with also

xspare
06-08-2009, 09:51 PM
Call them and make sure they have your address right. I live in an apartment building and delivery was delayed when somebody dropped the unit number off of the address label. It should arrive in a week or two if sent correctly.

They are very reluctant to open up RMAs on the DX6i service work and I think it's possibly aggravating the situation.

Heli Guy
06-09-2009, 09:06 AM
My friend had problems with them replying to emails also. 3 emails later with no response he got fed up and just rang them.

Seems the best way to get in touch with Horizon Hobby.

neilg.
06-09-2009, 10:28 AM
this was told to me: on a case by case basis they will upgrade your dx6i to the dx7. you get the whole set-up, not just the radio.

if you don't get a call tag within 10 business days there is a commuinication problem. i filled out call tag online and received it.

always write a letter like others stated, with your e-mail addy and a home phone or cellphone number.

you know how many emails they get per day -- not an efficient way to communicate with them; hostility gets the trash bucket :YeaBaby:.

i saw this link: DX6i recall got me a free upgrade - HeliFreak

2 ways to approach tech service:

#1: attack mode: "you guys bite, what's taking so long!"
#2: my mode: :kiss :thumbup:

i went with #2 and was rewarded with a dx7 and hardware.

you got to play the game.

neil

T/CHunter2009
06-09-2009, 10:33 AM
You get more bees with honey , be nice and understanding for as long as you can. If you still get now where, it's time to let the :Fan. Write a long unsatisfied letter to the customer service dept. And explain you situation. Good Luck.

Starcraft-IX
06-09-2009, 12:18 PM
I too had the same problem, and had called, and emailed. After a month and several emails, they finally sent me a call tag. I wrote a long nice letter and sent it in last week. I had no idea that they were sending DX7 - I hope that happens to me as well!

Blade~400~er
06-09-2009, 04:41 PM
did you check the "response" box on thier contact form??...i emailed them last night about returning some things and got a reply with a return number this morning...:confused:

RedLine_Heli
06-09-2009, 04:59 PM
I have heard how great their support is but it would seem that perhaps that only applies if you
phone them.............................................. ....

why won't you just call them?. that's what i did and received my tag within a few days.

xspare
06-09-2009, 05:45 PM
Neil,

The policy that they quoted me was:
We offer to upgrade the DX6i to a DX7 for the difference in price
between the two if the DX6i was not in a kit or a RTF on the date of
purchase. If you fall in to that or would like to pay the difference
between the two we would be happy to do that for you.
If you got something more then consider yourself lucky.

this was told to me: on a case by case basis they will upgrade your dx6i to the dx7. you get the whole set-up, not just the radio.

if you don't get a call tag within 10 business days there is a commuinication problem. i filled out call tag online and received it.

always write a letter like others stated, with your e-mail addy and a home phone or cellphone number.

you know how many emails they get per day -- not an efficient way to communicate with them; hostility gets the trash bucket :YeaBaby:.

i saw this link: DX6i recall got me a free upgrade - HeliFreak (http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=143245)

2 ways to approach tech service:

#1: attack mode: "you guys bite, what's taking so long!"
#2: my mode: :kiss :thumbup:

i went with #2 and was rewarded with a dx7 and hardware.

you got to play the game.

neil

neilg.
06-09-2009, 09:27 PM
i paid $150 for the dx7 and the servos, fligth pack, ar7000, etc.

i sold everything off for about $80 or so

so dx7 cost me about $70. i consider myself extremely fortunate because i would never had bought the dx7.

i am a real cheapskate.

Allen Sullivan
06-19-2009, 10:29 AM
I emailed them about mine and they answered me within 20 minutes. They are sending me an RMA kit to send mine in.

neilg.
06-19-2009, 10:34 AM
there ya go. people get so pissed off and make Horizon Hobby their adversary instead of their friend :YeaBaby:

lokidude
06-19-2009, 01:47 PM
I certainly haven't done anything to annoy them. I can't phone them due to hearing problems and all I get when I email is the automated response telling me to wait 3 days.

It's most frustrating. :arggg::arggg::arggg:

Maybe I need to get in the car, cross the border and take my dx6i to them in person.

I just want to get the thing fixed so I can fly.

fast400
06-19-2009, 04:13 PM
horizon doesnt give out rma`s for the spektrum radios. i know 3 other people locally that never got an rma either, when i called them they said as i have stated in this thread BEFORE.
you send it in ups with tracking with a note discribeing the issue`s you are haveing. its not hard.
you write on a piece of paper what it is doing, they test it and if it needs repairs they fix it and ship it back to you.

ive sent back like 10 items to horizon and have NEVER gotton an rma number, they tell me the same thing everytime. send what ever is broke with a note on why and how it got the way it is. and whala i get a free NEW replacement sent back to me by fed-ex.