PDA

View Full Version : ***2009 LA3D Classic Fun Fly***

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8

Finless
09-28-2009, 11:11 AM
Harold, yes I do know many people in my area and this is what I was hearing from most of them! In fact heard it again yesterday.
Now I do not know who to ask out in that area about the event... So posting here the question was the only way. No not trying to start a rumor. BUT I will fix the rumor out here in my area by letting people know it is still on.

Harold, are you part of the organization putting on this event? So this is an official answer?

Bob

skunkworx
09-28-2009, 12:55 PM
Oh dude, I hope to God it's still on! I don't want to ship my happy arse out there and be standing in an empty field!!! :shock: lmao

Skiddz
09-28-2009, 03:43 PM
Yeah, no kidding. I'd be pretty bent if I drove up and nothing was happening...

invertsick
09-28-2009, 03:43 PM
Is this a joke or wat????
is there any chances that the FF will not happen????
im flying 17 hours from the other side of the world!!!!!
Pliz somebody confirm if this is going to happen or no

thank you

Finless
09-28-2009, 04:03 PM
Again folks... DONT panic... I just heard this late last week and yesterday. It maybe just some stupid rumor someone started down in OC. But it would be nice if someone from the event would respond. I am not trying to start anything here just wanting to FIX this in my area if it is not true!!!!
Usually when I hear something like this from some of the locals there is something behind it as they are pretty trustworthy.. Since I don't know anyone to call from the event organizers to find out for sure I had no choice to post the question here.

Bob

jkraptor
09-28-2009, 04:34 PM
It is time to put any rumors to rest right now. THE LA3D FUNFLY WILL HAPPEN ON OCT 9, 10, 11 as previously noted.
Bob, I am one of the so called "Captain's" of the event, and Harold does a tremendous amount of work to help make this event the best!
Consider this the official response to your question.

jkraptor
09-28-2009, 04:53 PM
Another item I need to mention, is that the on-line pilot and vendor registration is working fine. If you have not done so as yet, register on-line @la3d.org It will save you time when you arrive and it will also help us out for the food inventory.
tell everyone you know to pre-register. All that is required is a PayPal account and it's done in 2 mins.
Visit your LHS and get them involved also, the more the merrier.

Come on and join the fun, frenzy, fanatical and night fly entertainment.

Jerry

Lota Fun R
09-28-2009, 05:38 PM
Thanks Jerry. :thumbup:

All the information you might need is right here.....> http://www.la3d.org/

Including contact info for the event director. :YeaBaby: ;)

Duke600
09-28-2009, 07:38 PM
I'll be there:thumbup:

Finless
09-28-2009, 07:48 PM
OK I talked to Mike Caminiti directly! Thanks for the phone number Lota Fun R!

He said the rumor is all BS and he has no clue why the rumors down here in OC got started or the reason........

SO IT'S OK! Sorry for bringing this up but I did not do it to scare anyone or make this event have problems. Just wanted to know.

Sorry for bringing this up but I was worried after hearing this rumor go around down here A LOT. It was enough to make me ask.... I should have thought to go to the web site to get contact info but did not. My bad :(

I WILL... dispel the rumors down here and make sure everyone on OC knows it's a go so they don't miss out on a great event.

For anyone thinking I did this for some reason your sorely mistaken. I was just asking based on obvious BS going around. For what reason it was going around down here I have no clue and at this point don't care (but I will think twice next time before reacting to some F some people say to me). I am GLAD this event is still on and Mike said there is absolutely NO issues that would cause a problem. COOL :banana

See you all there!

Bob

P.S. hey lets look at the bright side.... Maybe this got a few more people knowing about this event... you know TRUE TV and Drama ;)
Well I hope so anyway :)

Bob

Lota Fun R
09-28-2009, 08:23 PM
Great to hear Bob, thanks. :thumbup: :smokin:

bullseye1
09-28-2009, 08:40 PM
I'm in for sure, when is the night flying, Friday or Saturday ?

Finless
09-28-2009, 08:49 PM
Mike.... YOU NIGHT FLY! I gotta see that!

My night rig is STUCK in North Carolina :( But I will fly under bright flash lights! It's a blast!

Bob

fireup
09-28-2009, 09:16 PM

My night rig is STUCK in North Carolina :( But I will fly under bright flash lights! It's a blast!

Bob
Are you sure bob, last time you fly under flash lights, you hit a light pole.:rolling

hkellum
09-28-2009, 09:37 PM
Bob, Thanks for clearing all that rumor stuff up. So it looks like she gave you the green light to go :clappp. Make sure you stay clear of the volcano!!!! See you there.

As for night flying it will be Friday & Saturday night. Bob you have 2 weeks to put together a night rig so get ur done.

Harold

bullseye1
09-28-2009, 09:38 PM

Bob

don't have a night rig, but I might put one together ;)

mrcammy187
09-28-2009, 10:07 PM
http://www.rotorfx.com/images/ROTOR_FX_logo.png

Hey everyone!!! I'm so glad the vicious rumors about the cancellation of LA3D 2009 are finally over!!!

We at LA3D have been working with Jay and JB from ROTOR F/X and have confirmed that they will be attending our event this year. ROTOR F/X is a local Van Nuys, CA company that works with just about anything to do with the Rotorcraft Industry from building personal single pilot helicopters to helicopter simulation training. They are also a local distributor for Protos RC Heli.

This year Rotor F/X will be landing a Schweizer Scale helicopter!! Also in their aresenal.... They will have a Mosquito Personal Helicopter Kit on display along with a full sized Helicopter Simulator for everyone to try!!

This will be great!!!

www.rotorfx.com (http://www.rotorfx.com)

http://www.rotorfx.com/helicopters_for_sale/images/Mosquito_XET_Turbine_Helicopter_0001.gif

skunkworx
09-28-2009, 10:57 PM
Whew! Glad that cleared up! You know Bob, you do have a point about the drama stuff. Sometimes that really does draw the attention. I think wed make it happen anyways, even if it were to be canceled because a bunch of us would still show up!

Any chance the Sheriff's office could do that fly-by again this year? They didn't quite hit the ground like they said they would last year, but it was good to at least have the support. :)

sonofcar
09-28-2009, 11:08 PM
I will be there friday night, cant wait:banana

hkellum
09-28-2009, 11:10 PM
I am still waiting for confirmation from the Sheriffs, We are trying to get them on the ground this year.

Duke600
09-29-2009, 12:06 AM

Bob

Can I hold the flashlight:wow2::wow2:

Skiddz
09-29-2009, 01:53 AM
Hmm.. Flight simulator.. I'm interested to see what they've got 'cuz I build flight sims for a living...

They should bring something more interesting that a Schweizer 300 tho. :)

Finless
09-29-2009, 07:54 AM
WAIT! I just heard more DRAMA (god I love drama ;) )

There will be a...... there! Don't bring the wives ;)

Well you just got to come to find out ;) but a rumor just started about......

Again BE THERE to find out! I will have my video camera rolling for this RUMOR!

Bob

mrcammy187
09-29-2009, 11:52 AM
Oh Bob! LOL :-)

mrcammy187
09-29-2009, 12:05 PM
Skiddz, it's a helicopter.... Hard enough to find someone that can go through the trouble of landing a helicopter a 1/4 mile from 16R at Van Nuys... The simulator is cool... I was flying it last week... They are using either FSX or XPlane 9... Relax, it will be cool no matter what they bring