PDA

View Full Version : 3 lots of 3 beeps??

Pages : 1 [2]

Ber60
07-31-2009, 05:50 AM
Try reseating the esc connector in the rx and make sure the throttle trim and stick is all the way down, turn both knobs on top of the tx to neutral ( mid ) and restart everything.
If fault persists try reversing the throttle channel on the tx (remove the blades for security)

Tombo242
07-31-2009, 05:53 AM
Hi Lozza,

If that's the fully charged battery voltage, then the battery or charger is sick, you should top 12.3V with a 3 cell 11.1V battery when fully charged.

Ber60
07-31-2009, 05:57 AM
+1 with Tombo242

Is it a fully charged battery ?

Lozza
07-31-2009, 08:04 AM
Hi guys,
I've had batt on charge and brought up to voltage mentioned, all hooked up and started again from scratch......still no go.:thumbdown: just keep getting those wrong beeps. I'm guessing the ESC might have fried again, because it worked fine at the shop, but then again, if that's the case what's causing it? Is there a better quality ESC that will fit?
Hope I can rectify it soon as I really wanted to get it into the air this weekend. cheers Loz

sutty
07-31-2009, 10:03 AM
Don't know if this has been mentioned, but I just skim read the thread and didn't see it. Those beeps sound like the noise emitted by the stock ESC when it is powered up with idle up engaged. Ensure the switch top left of your trasmitter is back, away from you. I guess this could also result if throttle was reversed, since low throttle would then be full high. My guess is the switch though. Make sure you are careful as Erwin has said. These things really do bite.

Cheers

Sut

lankey
07-31-2009, 12:41 PM
Doh, why didn't I think of that!:oops:

Lozza
07-31-2009, 04:57 PM
[QUOTE=sutty;1460711]Don't know if this has been mentioned, but I just skim read the thread and didn't see it. Those beeps sound like the noise emitted by the stock ESC when it is powered up with idle up engaged. Ensure the switch top left of your trasmitter is back, away from you. I guess this could also result if throttle was reversed, since low throttle would then be full high. My guess is the switch though. Make sure you are careful as Erwin has said. These things really do bite.

Cheers

Sut[

Hi Sut, the top left switch is meant to be forward on mine,(towards me) when I flick it back away from me it engages full throttle, hence why I've already stripped main gear.cheers Loz.

Ber60
07-31-2009, 05:19 PM
AAAhh , some light at the end of the tunnel.
Normally the v1 stock TX the idle up switch should be away from you for normal flight.
Disengage the motor from the main gear first
Take off the main blades and try reversing the throttle on the TX.

lankey
07-31-2009, 05:24 PM
You sure about that mate. All idle up swaitches that I've ever cone across, including Esky have normal mode with the switch away from you. To engage idle up you have to flick it towards you.

lankey
07-31-2009, 05:37 PM
+1 Erwin

With the throttle reversed you are going to have full power at the lowest throttle stick position. This is also the reason why you are getting the strange bleeps from the ESC... It won't initialize without seeing low throttle!

You reverse the throttle channel via the dipswitch on the front of the Tx.

Let us know if this resolves it.

Lozza
07-31-2009, 05:37 PM
Yep certain, I've got the scars to prove it from yesterday.!! :DOH

copterboy
07-31-2009, 05:45 PM
Any luck yet Lozza??

I agree with Steve and Erwin. Sounds like the ESC warning you it is not receiving a zero throttle signal from the tx.

Can you reverse the throttle channel on the stock tx?? I can't remember if it was one of the switches on the front, but then again Erwin would know as his one bladed belt was completely stock ;)

Lozza
07-31-2009, 05:47 PM
Just been outside in shed and tried all above mentioned, still no go. Just keep getting the wrong beeps. Back to the shop I suppose.( or in the bin) :arggg:

Ber60
07-31-2009, 06:14 PM
Ok last try.

follow to the letter:

for the tx:
1 ) throttle stick and trim all the way down
2 ) idle up switch off (away from you)
3) servo reverser switch ( down, right side of tx) in " normal" position (down)
4) power up

for the heli:

1 ) disengage the motor from the main gear , safety first
2 ) power up

these are the correct setting of the stock tx with the stock esc for the Belt CP V1.
If this won't work return the esc to the shop

redbird300
07-31-2009, 06:23 PM
these are the correct setting of the stock tx with the stock esc for the Belt CP V1.
If this won't work return the esc to the shop

Yeah, and buy Ber60 a beer !:cheers
;)

Lozza
07-31-2009, 06:36 PM
Thanks so much for your help guys. I'm on my way back into shop this morning, cheers loz

Tjomp
07-31-2009, 08:17 PM
Yeah, and buy Ber60 a beer !:cheers
;)

Beer60 ?

Lozza
08-01-2009, 06:48 PM
Thanks guys again for all your fantastic and patient help. I dropped it into the shop yesterday morning and left it with him. He did explain in some tech terms what was wrong, but all went over my head, anyway all working fine now so many thanks. Loz :)

copterboy
08-02-2009, 04:37 AM
Good to here it's fixed Lozza. :thumbup:

Hope he doesn't charge you for this repair??

Lozza
08-02-2009, 05:07 AM
Hi Copter boy,all done FOC. ! I've bent the small shaft today , that is in between the 2 rotor blades, any recommendations , as to what I should replace with? just a standard EK1-0515 kit? cheers:oops: Lozza

lankey
08-02-2009, 05:20 AM
Nice one Lozza... would still have liked to know what the issue was.

The shaft which passes through the head and which each blade grip secures to, is called the feathering shaft/spindle. If you are just starting out it's probably best to replace with a stock shaft. The reasoning here is that you will be crashing a reasonable amount to begin with (we all did), and in a crash the shaft is designed to bend, thereby less impact energy is tranfered to other more costly head components.

There are stronger aftermarket feathering shafts, but TBH they'll bend anyway in a crash as well.... just more chance of other stuff being taken out at the same time!

Please note that even if the blades have the smallest scrape with the ground, or you land too hard, the FS can easily bend!:shock:

Lozza
08-02-2009, 05:30 AM
No worries, thanks for the advice, I'll look into it tomorrow when in town.cheers Loz:thumbup:

copterboy
08-02-2009, 06:28 AM
I always check my shafts by rolling them on a glass table and looking for the tiny gaps between the surface and shaft, and the unmistakable clicking noise as it rolls along.

For the e-sky heads, you are best just sticking with the stock shaft's as Steve said. I found the aftermarket hardened shafts that are available still bent, and for me elongated the holes where it goes on the CNC rotor head. I could never get the tracking right as the rubber dampners were loose in the rotor head!! As I needed a new rotor head, it was at that point I bought a copterx head.