PDA

View Full Version : Transmitters need Flash cards

stlfan4ever
08-10-2009, 08:30 AM
Just think how nice it would be to pop out your flash card and throw it in another transmitter. Like if you dropped your DX7 and could just use your buddies with no trouble. Tell me why this isn't the case?

Grrrr.

flyinfool
08-10-2009, 08:37 AM
My Futaba uses a SD card, and I have done exactly that.
Every extra feature cost money to include.
This is a feature that will only be on the high end radios. If the manufacturers put all of the features in the inexpensive radios then there would be no reason for anyone to ever buy the expensive radios. Most of the mid grade radios have the ability to plug in a cable and transfer a program from one TX to another.

JimLerch
08-10-2009, 08:49 AM
Well, if we are going to start asking for upgrades then

Flash card data storage (as mentioned)
How about BlueTooth or Wifi "Buddy Cords"
Wireless model transfer
Integrated Solar chargers?
Two way link communications with the remote receiver. Live updates and alarms regarding remote battery condition, link status, signal strength, GPS data, etc...
REAL Force feed back would be pretty bad ass :-)

psilo
08-10-2009, 10:39 AM

With my flying I would end up with all sorts of injuries with Force Feed back, maybe once I stop crashing (if that ever happens!!)

airjawed
08-10-2009, 11:53 AM
Love the last two!

Two way data and force feed back!!

stlfan4ever
08-10-2009, 12:44 PM

Flash card data storage (as mentioned)
How about BlueTooth or Wifi "Buddy Cords"
Wireless model transfer
Integrated Solar chargers?
Two way link communications with the remote receiver. Live updates and alarms regarding remote battery condition, link status, signal strength, GPS data, etc...

1. YES!
2. HELL YES!
3. Meh...
4. Meh...
5.HELL HELL YES! (Also, I think this is inevitable as more and more people go to flybarless setups. Hooking up a laptop or the remote setup thing is ridiculous.
6. Meh...

:smokin: