PDA

View Full Version : How to .... with EOS615i-DUO3 ... help please

HarveyR
08-25-2009, 04:33 PM
I've received the EOS615i-DUO3 + PS and carefully read the manual, but a few things don't seem clear to me (I've never had EP before, so all is new to me). I haven't plugged anything in yet:

If I have a second hand 6S and don't really know what it's condition is, what should I do ? Run a "BALANCE START" or a "STORE START", or something else.

Also, with a brand new LiPo, what do you do, just "CHARGE START SOLO MODE" ? Will this insure all is fine (charge and balance) ? Would this work also for the second hand one ?

PS : good job I read the manual, as the first thing I was planning on doing was strapping the PS and Charger together to have a "one block" charger (the manual says this isn't a good idea!)

1banger
08-25-2009, 10:36 PM
I have the same unit. The balance start section is where you can view the condition of each individual cell as well as other info like, what the voltage average of the cells is and the largest voltage gap amongst all the cells averaged.

Before you start charging in solo, you have to set up the what you want to charge in
the user setup menu on each of the charge profiles you want to use. This must be done first! Once you have everything selected like, changing amps, how many cells, what capacity you want to charge to, cutoff timer, and other goodies, then you can start the charge.

You have to be in charge mode to charge. I remember when I first got this I thought something was wrong because I could not charge lipos that I had before. I kept telling me, balance completed as soon as I thought I had started a new charge session.

Turns out, I was in the balance mode not charge mode!! :arggg:

This is a very powerful charger as far as what it will do and the feature set is immense.
It will take a bit of experimentation with yours to get all you want out of it. There used to be some videos on youtube about using this unit. I'll see if I can find them and let you know where they are.