PDA

View Full Version : current mods/issues list?

Pages : [1] 2

nyc863
08-28-2009, 09:26 PM
I'm reading various stuff and have seen a few issues crop up for more than one person, that perhaps I should worry about during the build .. are there any others to add to this list ?

* removing 2mm of frame around fuel tank (or) hard mounting engine for fuel foaming issue
* blade grip spindle length issue / vibration issue ( http://runryder.com/helicopter/t531939p1/ )
* o-rings busting out of blade grips ( http://runryder.com/helicopter/t537036p1/ )
* kasama starter coupler ( http://runryder.com/helicopter/t536990p1/ )
* strength of landing skids: strengthen with cross strips and clips
* stronger tail bevel gears now available (does that imply issue with stock ones?)

anything else? or comments/disputations on this list?

Shockwave 3K
08-29-2009, 12:09 AM
There is no issue with the bevel gears as of now, i'm not entirely sure why Kasama came out with stronger versions.

As for the tail control rod make sure you clean it with alchohol and screw it in, then out and check for metal shards, the slightest metal shard can cause it to vibrate loose.

Shockwave 3K
08-29-2009, 02:42 PM
Also for the tank foaming issues, Kasama is adding thier new dampers into kits that are softer than the current ones.

nyc863
08-29-2009, 07:37 PM
which dampers? engine to frame?

Shockwave 3K
08-29-2009, 11:02 PM
The fuel tank dampers.

Mercuriell
08-30-2009, 08:35 AM
Only notable items I have had are fuel foaming - cured by sanding some frame cutout - and the struts are a little on the weak side for hard landings. The tail bevels seem fine but keep them well greased and I have had no head probs apart from one oring prolapsing a bit from the damper former.

MaSt0RaS
08-31-2009, 09:16 AM
also something else do i have to buy and a fuel magnet or something???
http://www.fast-lad.co.uk/store/fuel_magnet_synergy_aurora_stratus_600n_700n-p-505.html

niggo
08-31-2009, 02:09 PM
Not really an issue, but I changed all silver nylock nuts to black ones, as I think they relate better to the black screws used on the Srimok.

Mercuriell
09-01-2009, 04:51 AM
also something else do i have to buy and a fuel magnet or something???
http://www.fast-lad.co.uk/store/fuel_magnet_synergy_aurora_stratus_600n_700n-p-505.html

People either love or hate fuel magnets - they work very well but the foam can easily rot especially if exposed to exhaust fumes from the pressure line - probably an OS bubbless clunk is less worry and works pretty well as good

MaSt0RaS
09-01-2009, 07:51 AM
People either love or hate fuel magnets - they work very well but the foam can easily rot especially if exposed to exhaust fumes from the pressure line - probably an OS bubbless clunk is less worry and works pretty well as good

but its not a must for the start right???
cause i will put a new order with kasama header and OS bubbless clunk , governor and some other things after i do 2-3 gallons...

Asid
09-01-2009, 01:38 PM
Hi

You will be fine not running a fuel magnet for a while. Some dont use them.

My opinion

Hope this helps

Vantskruv
09-02-2009, 08:49 AM
I don't run the fuel magnet, never did. Just because I want the tank almost service-free. Instead I'm using the kinkless tube, which is a very agile tubing in the tank, with a standard metal-clunk, it also will last a long time (I hope ;)). Though when having short of fuel in the tank it may happen the clunk will come in the air. I haven't been in any trouble yet, it have worked flawlessy, it's only when there is about 1/4 fuel (i.e. my in my Vibe) there may be a little shortage of fuel-supply. I don't know how it is in the Srimok yet, need to repair it first after my little crash... :oops:

MaSt0RaS
09-02-2009, 09:07 AM
guys i sent and emai lto Mr kasama .. asking him when he will send kits to our dealer in Greece...
He told me that he was going to send them and the end of august but he stop the production in order to change same parts...
I asked him about the tail if he will change the gear and he told me YES..

thats his maill
""Yes I use new tail gear for every kits aftet this. No need to dremel the Frame. If you can do 100% correctly assembly your SRIMOK will not have foaming. But in every helicopter have a lot of point are causality for foaming. Example is Gyro mount plate, you should use only one layer of double face tape. But some body already done this thing but still foaming. Finally they check tail blade, oh!!! two tail blade not balance. So you have to read manual untill you understand first and then assembly it. SRIMOK not the same the other heli so you can not use experience from other heli to assembly SRIMOK. If you don't understand anything please do not hesitate to ask me directly.:)))""

MaSt0RaS
09-02-2009, 09:14 AM
and he told me tha the 50 size heli will be out next year!

nyc863
09-02-2009, 09:57 AM
I am going to use an OS bubble-less clunk, because it looks cool. But really, anyone from electric gets used to running strictly off a timer so I don't see how if you set the timer for (say) 10 minutes and stick to it you could run a tank so dry that a fuel magnet was the only way to save an unexpected engine out?

dankreed
09-02-2009, 12:28 PM
thats his maill
""Yes I use new tail gear for every kits aftet this. No need to dremel the Frame. If you can do 100% correctly assembly your SRIMOK will not have foaming. But in every helicopter have a lot of point are causality for foaming. Example is Gyro mount plate, you should use only one layer of double face tape. But some body already done this thing but still foaming. Finally they check tail blade, oh!!! two tail blade not balance. So you have to read manual untill you understand first and then assembly it. SRIMOK not the same the other heli so you can not use experience from other heli to assembly SRIMOK. If you don't understand anything please do not hesitate to ask me directly.:)))""

so if i am understanding this right... the latest batch of helis that are coming to us this week (here in USA) will have this "upgraded" tail gear.. and this is the cause of the foaming fuel. therefore we dont need to sand out the frames?

be nice if, since the kits are numbered, a number was given so we could easily know if our kit numbers fall into the new gear category :roll:

MaSt0RaS
09-02-2009, 01:25 PM
so if i am understanding this right... the latest batch of helis that are coming to us this week (here in USA) will have this "upgraded" tail gear.. and this is the cause of the foaming fuel. therefore we dont need to sand out the frames?

be nice if, since the kits are numbered, a number was given so we could easily know if our kit numbers fall into the new gear category :roll:
mine is in the new batch :):):) !

SJo1
09-02-2009, 01:40 PM
Just wondering when "the oldkit" owners might get those "upgrade" parts,tailgear for free, but softer tank surroundings.

-Samppa

nyc863
09-03-2009, 12:11 AM
I'd like to know this as well, my serial number is 325. I'm doing the build now and honestly don't know .. should I trim the frame? buy some aftermarket rubber for the surround? wait for a kasama solution and order it? fly it and see the foam?

jutrast
09-03-2009, 11:28 AM
I wouldn't take any corrective measures until you see the problems.

I just did a service on my Srimok after ~30 flights. A vibration had developed, and I think I tracked it down to two things - a slipped dampner rubber in the head, and a feathering shaft that was a bit too long. My guess is that the dampners weren't properly seated when I installed them, causing both the slipped rubber, and additional play.

The fix was cheap - some new o-ring dampners, and a bit of grinding on the feathering shaft. Hope to test it out this afternoon and report back.

For the few issues I've had with kit # 101, I'm pretty pleased. This is a bit different breed of heli from my TRex and Vibe helis, so I attribute someof this to learning curve.

It sure is alot of fun in the air though...

Toby

nyc863
09-03-2009, 06:57 PM
alright, I'm in the build and have an issue. I posted a long winded question on the other forum but no reply, so I'll ask here now I can describe it more easily.

My main gear assembly rattles on the main shaft.. this is most evident when installed it can be moved like a see-saw about +/- 1mm total.

I removed the shaft and main gear assembly and the problem is really simply: either the oneway collar is too big or the shaft is too small. Either way, the shaft goes in a little too easily and there is some space around it.

so my question is: with a correctly machined kit, if you grab one side of the main gear, and alternatively lift and lower it, does it see-saw slightly and make a clacking sound? because that is what mine does :(

dankreed
09-04-2009, 01:23 AM
started my build today..

the main gear is rock solid in my heli.. smooth as silk.. no teetering

sorry this is of no help to you >< but it may convince you to take another look at the assembly ?

nyc863
09-04-2009, 07:17 AM
there isnt any assembly to look at :(

I have two pieces fresh from the kit. The shaft. Which measures 10.00 mm exactly.

And the inner sleeve of the one way assembly, which must be wider than 10.00mm, otherwise it wouldn't have any slop. But it does ...

I took the two bits out, and am playing with them. I should post a video. But there isn't any assembly to do.

nyc863
09-04-2009, 07:35 AM
YouTube - srimok 90 main gear play on 10mm shaft

note: that rattle is from the shaft and the inner sleeve of the gear .. not from
anything else. Same problem with both removed and just in my hand:

YouTube - srimok 90 - main shaft fitment inside steel one-way bearing part

kkent25
09-04-2009, 10:54 AM
I would send the youtube links to Kasama and see what he says. I would say a new one-way is in order.