PDA

View Full Version : Funnest Hobby I have ever had

Ianman
09-01-2009, 06:59 AM
Hi all,

I only started a couple of months ago and only just recently found this site. Thank heavens!

I am currently "flying" a Honey Bee King 3 and have had a shakey start. One crash down and probably a lot more to come. The parts come in this week so I will get her fixed and back flying.

My plan is to see how things go with this relatively cheap bird and then move onto something a bit more professional like a TRex (they seem to be very popular). I will probably stick to electric helis though, nitros scare me! Not to mention the fact that where I live, the noise would probably annoy too many people.

Having joined this forum I have learnt so much already. I was actually surprised by how much theory there is like:
- Programming TX
- Blade pitch settings and how collective pitch works
- Adjusting pitch curves
- etc

In any case, this hobby has me hooked and I fear I will be spending many a dollar to keep it going :-)

cheers

halley
09-01-2009, 10:22 AM
Welcome, and safe and happy flying.

You don't mention a simulator. Using a simulator on your computer for practice will save you a lot of money in spare parts. It will pay for itself.

Ianman
09-01-2009, 10:35 AM
I do have a simulator...got it with my heli actually but it isn't exactly high quality. Gonna save up for Phoenix and a cable for my 6 channel TX.

raptorcliff
09-01-2009, 01:50 PM
Hi ianman i bought a phoenix flight sim wish i had bought it before my heli it might be in one piece still. never mind iam hooked on this great hobby to. welcome to the club.
cliff.

arfwrecker
09-26-2009, 01:11 AM
Yep new to helis again havent had one since my gmp king cobra 20 yrs ago.. Have to say lots more fun now. I have a 530 hughs scale raptor hyper and 401 in army markings. Also a titan 50 hyper with 401, and a raptor 50 with 401 all on 9303 and a clone trex 500 EXI= @ much fun. I still am learning, But found some great deals on the choppers used and had fun building the 500, Just a tip for anyone on the exi CHANGE THE DAMPENER BUSHINGS ON THE FEATERING SHAFT. Save a lot of grief and chasing a tracking problem. Fly fixed wings and am a advanced pilot with that but doing the crawl walk and hope to run someday with the helis.