PDA

View Full Version : TREX Flies after 2 years in a box

Nick09
09-01-2009, 10:40 PM
Hello all. Been reading threads on Walkera 4 3b. Great forum. Bought a Trex 450se 2 years ago spent 10mins trying to fly it then put it back in the box for 2 years as I just started my own business and it took all my time.:arggg:
Business doing OK and in need of relaxation and something to get my teeth into. Looked at the Trex again. Lessons from starting a business taught me I needed a plan. Here's what I did:

Bought a co-axial to get the feel (Blade mcx). Got me in the air and taught me some fundimentals.
Found this forum and read all of Bobs tips on Trex (give that man a medal). :noteworthy
After a bit of playing around and really studying each step got the bird into the air (12 charges later, no damage, almost got the trim right).
Decided on getting Walkera 4 3b to practice before I damage TREX (I know when I'm getting over confident).

Love this sport teaching my 16 year old that the true satisfaction is realising that research and bench work lead to understanding and true flight fun.

Know I went on a bit but I hate that too many kids have no patients - Plug and play, RTF my a** :badair: ha ha

PS I'm a designer and can't wait to start tring a few mods.

Ianman
09-02-2009, 05:37 AM
Hi Nick,

Sounds like you got things under control. I have heard that Walkera helis is really fast en twitchy. My understanding is that learning on a bigger heli is better because they are so stable but I am a newbie and haven't had the experience myself yet unfortunately.

In any case, if you do make any mods, show us lots of photos! :D

Bob O
09-02-2009, 01:14 PM
Welcome Nick! Now don't wait to long before heading to the T-Rex 450 forum and posting some pics of your bird. :)

Nick09
09-03-2009, 01:29 AM
Thanks for the welcome. WIll be flying tomorrow (or crashing) will get some pics