PDA

View Full Version : anyone from Arizona

Havoc07
09-03-2009, 11:49 AM
Im moveing to ft hauchuca for 5 months just wondering if any Mikado pilots live in the near by area

weaser42
09-03-2009, 04:38 PM
Had no idea where that was, guess I know nothing south of Tucson:)

I just got my first Mikado up and running, a Logo500 Vbar. I'm in the Phoenix metro area (Gilbert). I do most my flying at a city park which is setup for RC (Thude Park) that we all call Chandler Bowl.

Not many heli folk out flying during the summer but in the next month or so I'm hoping to see more return. I know there are a couple other Mikado's out there as well as a Henseleit in addition to many Align and a few others. The field is electric only btw.

We'd love to see you out if you happen to be in the Phoenix area.

M.Huerta
09-03-2009, 07:35 PM
I too am in gilbert, I fly at a couple different spots

fogger
09-03-2009, 07:56 PM
Congrats on the 500 vbar Kevin :) Maybe I'll dust off my rex and see if any packs will hold a charge; then come out over the long weekend... ;)

Jamesppp
09-03-2009, 09:00 PM
You guys from Gilbert ever heard of Cogent Audio Labs?

M.Huerta
09-03-2009, 11:13 PM
You guys from Gilbert ever heard of Cogent Audio Labs?

nope

fogger
09-04-2009, 01:26 AM
Me neither. :dontknow Some kind of esoteric stereo shop?

Jamesppp
09-04-2009, 11:10 AM
He does a lot of equipment testing for audio publications.He determines if the products meet advertised specs etc. and writes articles for most of the magazines.

He is a fellow Harley Davidson enthusiast I met from Harley tech boards and Ive bought some audio equipment from him as he buys the products he tests at retail for unbiased testing and opinions

It think he was or is into RC also.

weaser42
09-04-2009, 11:43 AM
Huerta, come on out to CB sometime, I'd love to see that 400.

Chris, I thought you went the way of Big John:) Once I get the Logo dialed in you'll have to take her up and show me what it can do:) I got the Logo from a fellow HeliFreak along with 2 new 6S 5000 packs. I tried one of my old TP packs and the lipo caught on fire. I believe it puffed into the pinion which set it off. Heli and electronics survived but I'll not be trying any more old packs:) I also have the ol Trex600 on 10S 4000 Hyp CX now with a Jazz esc and Tango motor which seem to run pretty sweet. Now if I could just learn to fly well enough to take advantage:)

I've not heard of Cogent AL either. I'll have to ask my buddy who is a big audiophile and used to work as a recording engineer.

fogger
09-04-2009, 04:23 PM
You know how it goes, work + college + GF + getting back into golf = no time to fly...