PDA

View Full Version : "First" flight of the MJ2 / Copterworks

PropwashNSC
09-16-2009, 12:41 PM
Not exactly the first, but let's just say the first flight after tracking and trimming (and remembering to put the paddle weights in). :P

Please ignore the red light on the DJI indicating low battery. I sure did. :shock:

NOFbefVDg-8

merlin703
09-16-2009, 02:21 PM
Nice, how long before we see the MJ3 in action?

PropwashNSC
09-16-2009, 02:30 PM
Excellent question. That will depend on when the manufacturers get an aerial photography frameset for the MJ3. My main focus is on video right now, and that's what the MJ2 is for. I may put the MJ3 to work as an underslung machine, but at the moment, that's in the future. I basically robbed Peter to pay Paul, if you know what I mean.

merlin703
09-22-2009, 03:34 PM
I had no idea there were no current set ups for the MJ3. I thought PhotoShip One had one already but just re-checked the thread and it was for the MJ2.... I think Rael's.

I think there is a mob of people in CA looking for a crashed MJ with a Carvec system? That is so sad... probably not a machine to learn to fly with due to the cost. I'm actually afraid to fly my Joker.... I can't do anything with it... I'm even afraid to do FAST forward flying. I hope to be able to get over it after a few more flights but I wouldn't bet on it.

PropwashNSC
09-22-2009, 06:12 PM
Yeah, I've put a stop to that garbage and closed my thread at RR. Don't you just hate it when someone hijacks your thread :)

Anyone believing that troll on RR is just being fooled. No one has that much more money than sense.

But don't be afraid of the helicopter. I used to be like that. Then a wise man told me something that changed my view forever.

"It's only a model"

Those simple words will change the way you fly. You will enjoy it more and you will be better because of it. Financially, I realize that helicopters are a huge investment, but so are motorcyles, cars, homes or even spouses, and we don't become afraid of those (OK, maybe a *little* afraid of our spouses) <grin>

jffry7
09-23-2009, 03:31 AM
I was one of the guys that posted on that RR thread (not the one who crashed the heli)..sorry for that OT...

What you said seems true (or what the wise guy said). I also lack the confidence to fly my MJ3DD. Seeing how well you fly your MJ2 is an inspiration. Thanks for sharing

merlin703
09-23-2009, 10:06 AM
I was checking out your site. I will be looking forward to see samples of your work. I doubt I would get in the business but I would probably do it for fun. I already have FPV stuff, so I wouldn't be starting from 0.

Yeah, the two things concern me a lot, the size and the cost. I fly my other smaller ones just fine for my level. I will try to keep in mind what you said. Thanks for the advice.