PDA

View Full Version : Raptor Titan 50 SE vs Align T-Rex 600n

Pages : 1 [2]

LowAnSlow
10-28-2009, 10:45 AM
I have both. For the type of flying your talking about I think you will be happy the T-Rex. It rolls like it is on a string. It makes huge loops and autos great. I fairness my Titian Se is still break-in. The Titian responds right now. From what I've seen so far it's a 3D machine. It pitches slightly in rolls. Collective is sensitive. It is pitchy in FFF since it doesn't have a horizontal fin. The 53 redline has a ton of power. The servos in my Titian are .14 compared to my T-Rex that is .22 so take that in to consideration. Both are great.

If you where to choose one based on repair costs and how they fly which would it be? My local hobby store gave me a great quote on the Trex 600 LE, however I'm kinda put off by the frame & t-tube repair costs. With those in consideration I'm leaning toward the raptor...

fastflyer20
11-03-2009, 04:47 PM
The frame on the T600 is easier to repair/replace and you have aftermarket options if it breaks including G10 and aluminum. If it is not too badly broken, epoxy and a CF patch work great, something you can't do with plastic.
I think the Trex wins this one hands down.

I agree on the TT, that is a hard call. Many are installing the 700 fin which helps keep the tail blade from touching the ground in a hard landing. This is my first year and I got a used T600 TT in the air a few months ago. I have flow it 50 times. A few high grass mishaps and a few hard autos, and I have not stripped a gear yet, but I have spares in case....
I will give this one to the Raptor.

The LE is one sweet deal. I am putting mine together now to add to fleet...

GunnyGlow
11-03-2009, 08:14 PM
The frame on the T600 is easier to repair/replace and you have aftermarket options if it breaks including G10 and aluminum. If it is not too badly broken, epoxy and a CF patch work great, something you can't do with plastic.
I think the Trex wins this one hands down.

Huh?? :thinking

Some JB weld and zip ties are all you need to fix a Raptor frame! :thumbup:
Plus the Raptor frames are not very expensive! :thumbup: :thumbup: