PDA

View Full Version : Tail pitch control lever

groundeater
10-14-2009, 10:15 PM
My 90se is in an a109 body. This is my first rappy and I bought it used for this scale build. It flies well but I don't like the feeling of the tail pitch control lever. It has a self tapping screw and seems terribly sloppy. I replaced it with a new one- same slop. Like I said- it flies well- since it is scale there is no 3d demand and it holds well, etc... but SLOPPY! There has got to be a least a few degrees of pitch change in the blades without the servo arm even moving. This can't be right...can it? Thanks!

AFjetmech
10-15-2009, 06:19 PM
Ditch the screw and use a hex head bolt.

groundeater
10-15-2009, 07:57 PM
Drill through and washer/nut/etc..the end? Sounds good, are you aware of any metal upgrades? Thanks for the reply

AFjetmech
10-16-2009, 06:03 AM
The bolt will thread in just as well as the screw. Use a little ca and it should hold just fine without a locknut. If it feels loose, then yeah, I'd go clean through and use a nut.

groundeater
10-16-2009, 08:29 AM
Thanks- I'll give that a go!

Badger50
10-16-2009, 09:05 AM
Hey groundeater: I'm sure you already did, but make sure the yoke is nearly tightened all the way to the pitch arm slider. That can cause a lot of slop in the tail. The 3mm hex bolt is also a good idea. If your looking for a great tail upgrade, I would recommend this: http://www.heliproz.com/prodinfo.asp?number=254011 It is on the expensive side, but it it is a very high quality part, and have had great success with them on my 2 Rap-90's. Good luck to ya :thumbup:

AFjetmech
10-16-2009, 09:07 PM
Do you know if that weighs less than the stock plastic case? My heli is tail heavy, but I could get two carbon fiber booms for the cost of that tail.

Badger50
10-16-2009, 09:32 PM
Hey AFjetmech: The difference in tail weight isn't enough to make a difference. I just like it better because it allows you to see the gears and pin. Plus, it just looks better :-)

AFjetmech
10-16-2009, 11:18 PM
I figured it wasn't any lighter. I'm all about some bling myself and like the way it makes it easier to see the pin issue. I'll probably splurge on at least one CF boom first.