PDA

View Full Version : AR6200 ( remote rx Flashes)

helinewbee300
10-16-2009, 12:53 AM
So I know that if both the Rx, ( main and the Remote flash)

There is a power failure and system rebooted and reconnected.

BUT what does it mean when only the Remote Rx on the AR6200 Flashes ?

I've seen this now on two AR6200.. one on a plane.. where Rx are Isolated from any wires ect.. and one on a Heli ..

Any one know.. ??

Thanks..

Sonic_BOOMER_SOONER
10-19-2009, 02:45 PM
Typically this would be an issue with the connector cable to the remote. Another possibility is a spark hitting the remote antenna, which can happen on some setups of belt driven heli tails.

helinewbee300
10-20-2009, 02:51 PM
Sonic,

Thanks for your reply,

I don't have to much room on the air frame, But found a spot let see if that helps.

I did have the Remote Rx - mounted on the outside of the fail boom, on the frame.

Got is as far as possible now way from the boom .. Let see if that helps..

Thanks again..

Pinecone
10-20-2009, 08:14 PM
It could be that the voltage dropped enough for the sat to reboot, but not the main.

Since they are different pieces of equipment, they can have different low voltage cutoffs. When I tested mine, some pairs had as much as a 0.1 volt cutoff difference.

BarracudaHockey
10-21-2009, 10:32 AM
Have you simulated it on the bench?

Make sure they both flash, you might just have mismatched firmware.

bobkat
10-24-2009, 08:47 PM
It could be that the voltage dropped enough for the sat to reboot, but not the main.

Since they are different pieces of equipment, they can have different low voltage cutoffs. When I tested mine, some pairs had as much as a 0.1 volt cutoff difference.

I find this believable, I have the stock Regulator running DS610's and I have the same problem if I work the stick vigorously (on the bench) the remote will flash.

I feel this is a current issue, everything is fine until the voltage on the Receiver pack drops slightly. I have an upgraded BEC on it's way to replace the stock and I'll let you know the outcome.

bobkat
10-27-2009, 06:02 PM
I did replace the stock BEC (keeping the stock rx battery) and my problem went away. I'm using the CC BEC Pro; set at 5.8v (using the castle link). I hope to stick with this BEC (if it pans out) when I go 12's.

-bobkat

1BADAIR
11-16-2009, 11:28 AM
does it happen when flying or when powering up

I have seen many flash if the TX is too close on power up