PDA

View Full Version : RDLohr's TREX 450 Flybar Locks

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8

almsy
11-26-2009, 11:12 PM
Rick,
The flybar lock you graciously sent me to try works great on my 450SA. I have upgraded to metal all the original plastic parts except for the blade grips over the last 2 years on the SA and it fit perfectly. Your design is so easy to slip into place and it locks the flybar securely without any issues whatsoever. It is so easy to use, there is no reason not to use it, even for a quick pitch check. I was able to verify what I had suspected for awhile, my negative pitch was a bit greater than the positive and it allowed me to make adjustments without 'eyeballing' the flybar as I have always done in the past. You definitely have a winner here! It compliments you other items very well. Keep up the good work, those of us in the Heli community do appreciate your efforts. I must add that nothing could be easier or quicker to use to lock the flybar in place.
Thank you, and....
Fly safely!
Almsy
Mattoon, IL

rdlohr
11-26-2009, 11:26 PM
Rick,
The flybar lock you graciously sent me to try works great on my 450SA. I have upgraded to metal all the original plastic parts except for the blade grips over the last 2 years on the SA and it fit perfectly. Your design is so easy to slip into place and it locks the flybar securely without any issues whatsoever. It is so easy to use, there is no reason not to use it, even for a quick pitch check. I was able to verify what I had suspected for awhile, my negative pitch was a bit greater than the positive and it allowed me to make adjustments without 'eyeballing' the flybar as I have always done in the past. You definitely have a winner here! It compliments you other items very well. Keep up the good work, those of us in the Heli community do appreciate your efforts. I must add that nothing could be easier or quicker to use to lock the flybar in place.
Thank you, and....
Fly safely!
Almsy
Mattoon, IL

I'm so glad to hear that Almsy! Everyone has liked them so far that I know of. Someone is sending me a Sport Head, and I'm buying a Pro, so I'll make locks for them also. Thanks much for taking the time to post. That was a perfect ending to a great day!

Rick

Flying Foot Doc
11-29-2009, 09:04 PM
Rick, Let me know when you get teh V2 tool done, I'll take one. I have tried all sorts of things to get teh head dialed in & it just keeps fightting me. Maybe this will help. Andy

rdlohr
11-29-2009, 09:18 PM
Rick, Let me know when you get teh V2 tool done, I'll take one. I have tried all sorts of things to get teh head dialed in & it just keeps fightting me. Maybe this will help. Andy
The V1 and V2 tool are the same. Email me at rlohr@nycap.rr.com. Hopefully it will help you out.

Rick

caralmar
11-29-2009, 09:51 PM
Hey Rick, I'm finally back to the land of the living out of the Thanksgiving bloated haze! I got my Sport head. Brand spanking new bud, still sealed in bags. I'll try to get it out to you tomorrow sometime!

rdlohr
11-29-2009, 09:55 PM
Hey Rick, I'm finally back to the land of the living out of the Thanksgiving bloated haze! I got my Sport head. Brand spanking new bud, still sealed in bags. I'll try to get it out to you tomorrow sometime!
Great. I look forward to it. DougB gave me a good start at how to do it so I'm looking forward to perfecting it on your Sport head. I really appreciate you sending me the head and the help everyone has been giving me on these! I'm glad they are helping people out!

Rick

caralmar
11-29-2009, 10:19 PM
Yeah, I bought some servos from him a week ago! Hey, do you have a 220mm flybar and a swash leveler for the Sport/Pro? Do you need the swash leveler too? I have a TrueBlood leveler... but not sure if you need that for calibrating the head. Let me know and I'll throw it in the box too.

caralmar
11-29-2009, 10:34 PM
Ignore my last post. I just sealed the box. Leveler and flybar are in there too... just in case. It was either finish packing it right now or at 6:45 tomorrow morning. And at that time of the morning, I could have mistakenly sent you a can of sardines instead of the rotor head!

rdlohr
11-29-2009, 11:11 PM
LOL. All are appreciated. Sardines are good too.
Rick

caralmar
11-30-2009, 03:52 PM
Ok, just got back from the Post Office. Sardines in the mail!

rdlohr
11-30-2009, 05:11 PM
Ok, just got back from the Post Office. Sardines in the mail!
Great. Thanks!
Rick

rdlohr
12-03-2009, 09:02 PM
Thanks to dougb and caralmar, we know have a TREX 450 Sport Flybar Lock. Dougb filed me an initial rough idea and caralmar sent me his Sport head so I could perfect it. Came out pretty sweet if I do say so myself.

http://www.helifreak.com/picture.php?albumid=3448&pictureid=28545

http://www.helifreak.com/picture.php?albumid=3448&pictureid=28544

http://www.helifreak.com/picture.php?albumid=3448&pictureid=28546

How does it look?
Rick

rdlohr
12-03-2009, 10:57 PM
Freebies to the first two people that PM me with your shipping name and address. In return, simply post pictures showing you get full range of motion with your flybar lock in place. I made the locks with a raw head and I'm pretty sure I accounted for all the motion but this will verify it for me.

Thanks
Rick

http://www.helifreak.com/picture.php?albumid=3448&pictureid=28545
http://www.helifreak.com/picture.php?albumid=3448&pictureid=28544

Andyzboy
12-03-2009, 11:16 PM
Wait, would this work on a v2? Disregard my pm if it wont, thanks!

eclipso104
12-03-2009, 11:18 PM
wow that is neat.. I will take one

Wolfpackin
12-04-2009, 12:35 AM
Get'em while they're hot!

I'd be willing to bet that this is one of the most used tools in your heli box.:YeaBaby:

Makes me want to get a Sport just to have another one of these great locks, LOL.

nielsm
12-04-2009, 01:13 AM
Very nice. I only just started on my Sport build tonight, & with work schedule it may be a while before I can finish it enough to make use of the lock, but your initial shots look very promising. Keep us in the loop with your progress & feedback from those lucky enough to make use of the freebies!

clamman
12-04-2009, 05:32 AM
cool very nice why do i miss all the good stuff if you give away any more let me know

rdlohr
12-04-2009, 09:12 PM
Wow. That was a great response! :thumbup:

I gave out a Sport Lock and a couple V2 locks in the process and some 50% off offers to the people quickest on the trigger. That was pretty cool! :hug:

Rick

rdlohr
12-04-2009, 09:13 PM
Get'em while they're hot!

I'd be willing to bet that this is one of the most used tools in your heli box.:YeaBaby:

Makes me want to get a Sport just to have another one of these great locks, LOL.
Thanks man. Music to my ears!
Rick

ken22golf
12-06-2009, 02:51 AM
How does it look?
Rick

Looks perfect. I wasn't sure if the thin vertical strip on the opposite side of the handle was necessary on the versions for the other heads.

I tried the one from readyheli on my SE V2 a good time back. From the start it didn't work. It was too tall, and I had to sand it down a tad to give it even a chance of fitting. Even after that it was hard to install and would come off easily. I remember thinking that if it had a handle on it and was more accurately and/or precisely made, it would really be a great and easy tool.

Can't wait for one for the Pro. I don't know if the round area on the headblock will make it easier or more difficult...

rdlohr
12-06-2009, 08:26 AM
Looks perfect. I wasn't sure if the thin vertical strip on the opposite side of the handle was necessary on the versions for the other heads.

I tried the one from readyheli on my SE V2 a good time back. From the start it didn't work. It was too tall, and I had to sand it down a tad to give it even a chance of fitting. Even after that it was hard to install and would come off easily. I remember thinking that if it had a handle on it and was more accurately and/or precisely made, it would really be a great and easy tool.

Can't wait for one for the Pro. I don't know if the round area on the headblock will make it easier or more difficult...
I'm not sure either. First glance makes it look more difficult since there is no flat surface to be against like a wrench, but once I get a good snug fit in place, I think it will be fine. Thanks for the feedback. Glad you like it.
Rick

OMFGitzDanny
12-06-2009, 03:33 PM
Any chance you have a plan of this?
Maybe you can draw round it for me so i can make one in work tomorrow

Thanks,Danny

rdlohr
12-06-2009, 10:34 PM
After playing with it this evening for a bit on the Pro head, the rounded surfaces are a problem. It rocks a bit which is NOT OK.

Rick

frogs84ss
12-08-2009, 12:24 AM
+1 looks awsome could have used one the other night. i was using bubble levels and all kinds of silly tricks. if you make more for the sport let me know! btw what r u charging for them! xmass has the bank acc a little drained so i might have to wait but knowing is half the battle ( go joe):dontknow

p.s. i like those fins you make. you sell them in green:thumbup: can you make a version to match the sports smaller horizontal fin ?