PDA

View Full Version : Setting up the pitch....

scoio
11-03-2009, 12:42 AM
Hi there, I am facing again problem in setting up correctly the pitch on the 250.
I am using the ds410 with dx7.I foollow the linkage rods lenght as per manual but I cannot get 0 pitch at middle stick.All curves on the radio, pitch and throttle are linear, no expo.Swash mix PIT AIL ELE all at +50%.Servo are at 90...came on...is not the first hely I am setting up but this little mosquito gives mehard time.
The head seems bit sloppy, specially the seasaw and flybar.If I thaight more the screws it won 't more smooth anymore.
Question:I read somewhere that some people in setting up the pitch they switch to IDLEUP with a linear 50% pitch curve...is that correct?I never tried before:shock:
Anyway, looking for your help guys..maybe one day this bird will fly correcly:(

Thanks

Chris

eightythree
11-03-2009, 09:01 AM
i just use the throttle hold switch when setting pitch. run a leaner curve to do so..

stock lengths in the manual should get you close, but i never had any heli be spot on using stock measurments..

start by getting the swash set so the washout mixing arms end up level with each other at center stick (use your pitch menu ti find 50 in 50 out).
then set picth to zero at half stick and you should be good to go.

i also reccomend a swash level tool if you plan on both upright and inverted fight ;)

oliverdots
11-03-2009, 04:42 PM
Not questioning your advice 83, you have far more experience than me but I was told that you shouldn't set pitch with throttle hold but unplug the motor and use normal mode for pitch adjustment. Was I told wrong. I must admit, I never understood why you couldn't use throttle hold with a linear curve setting.

Cheers,
Craig.

dwesnor
11-03-2009, 06:56 PM
Not questioning your advice 83, you have far more experience than me but I was told that you shouldn't set pitch with throttle hold but unplug the motor and use normal mode for pitch adjustment. Was I told wrong. I must admit, I never understood why you couldn't use throttle hold with a linear curve setting.

Cheers,
Craig.

Even if you're using throttle hold during set up, you should unplug 2 wires from the motor. Only takes a second, and could prevent damage to both the heli and you.

scoio
11-04-2009, 12:32 AM
Thank you guys for the info, I finally got +-9 degree and are more than enough.
Regarding the throttle hold..well I never use it for settings,I simply disconnect the motor from the esc....I heard to much story of injuries due to this...like dwesnor said,took only few seconds!:thumbup:

Chris

distractor
11-04-2009, 12:47 AM
Setting the pitch on the rexy is easy.
With all the servo arms at 90 degrees at mid stick (using as little sub-trim as possible) adjust the swash links so the mixing arms are 90 to the main shaft. Now, adjust the swash mix to get your desired pitch range so the Aileron / Pitch servo arms do not interact with the main gear, the swash not interacting with the main shaft collar and the washout block is 1-2mm away from the head block.
Finally, adjust the blade grip pitch links to get 0 degrees at mid stick. At this point, everything should be at 90 degrees and you should be getting about +11 / -11 pitch.
Hope this helps.

Papabearob
12-08-2009, 02:04 PM
Howdy... trying to get more lift, but don't want to bog out the bird, as they say. I find that my 250 doesn't "lift" till I'm past mid-stick. I'm somewhat confused in that when I set-up at mid-stick, there was 0 degrees of pitch, however the manual says in the Throttle Curve section that at mid-stick I should have 4/5 degress... do I address this by...

A) Increasing the values on the Pitch Curve
B) Increasing the Swash Mix Pitch value (mindful of how far it causes the swash to travel).

If someone could share their "normal" settings for Pitch/Throttle... that might shed some light... and Swash too I guess. ?

-- Post Test ---

Ok... from the test kitchen. I reset the Pitch curve to linear 0% to 100%, and used that to set the Swash value. My "error" was that I had Thottle Hold on when checking the Pitch while doing the pitch curve... so the heli wasn't moving the blades.

distractor
12-08-2009, 11:40 PM
That's why it's always recommended to unplug the motor wires or have throttle hold pitch values the same. As for normal mode pitch values, it's personal preference. I run in normal
1. 30%
2. 45%
3. 60%
4. 85%
5.100%

This gets me lift just above mid stick with my swash values.

Vectorv3
12-09-2009, 01:43 AM
Throttle hold has its own pitch curve value ( look autoratation). Do not use TH

Vectorv3
12-09-2009, 01:56 AM
As far as pitch value set it by book (manual) then fly it and adjust in the middle stick to suit lift ( or your flying style).