PDA

View Full Version : Inethobby

NUKIWI
11-12-2009, 02:10 PM
Has anyone else had any problems with this guy? (Inethobby in CA)
Ordered a T-rex 450 & DX7, in an alloy case. Arrived damaged & was asked to return the damaged bits & he would replace & refund the shipping. ( I am in NZ)
MONTHS later the replacement arrives (damaged due to poor packing) NO, refund of packing as promised & now refuses to answer e-mails or if you call I get his answer phone ! :thumbdown:

fuelfan
11-26-2009, 11:05 PM
You need to open a heli shop in NZ. I love that place.

NUKIWI
11-27-2009, 02:31 PM
LOL, We have a few, but mainly on the North Island.
As the total population of both islands is just over 4 million, sadly, there is less choice than you guys enjoy!

However, as you say, it is :clappphere!

fuelfan
11-27-2009, 06:48 PM
When I was in the navy I got to go to Perth and Tazmania. I did some diving in Tazmania. I tried to get a leave to go to the Barrier Reef. But they would not approve my pass because it was more than 50 miles away from my duty station.

If I can get ahead the next few years. I will get to visit there. I really loved Australia. Those two countries have always been my favorites. I have a few National Geographics on your country.

Have a great day, Thanks Tom

minimalitia1
11-27-2009, 08:03 PM
i have delt with Micheal at inethobby one b4 in the past. i traded a HPI 18SS for a HDX450V3 with 2.4 and lipo in a alloy case. everything was smooth. but canopy was cracked. sent me another for free(which was also cracked) so i had 2 cracked canopys. but this was 2 yrs ago. i have tried to reach him about 6 mnths ago and he is very hard to reach now... sometimes he has good deals. but all in all. its a little shady of a operation hes running over there. mostly a ebay store.

NUKIWI
11-27-2009, 09:39 PM
Yes, it was via the E Bay store & hard to get hold of is an understatement!
Stay well clear of this person, his promises are worthless & subsequently I have lodged a complaint with E Bay & started proceedings with my credit card co. against him :thumbdown:

fuelfan
11-28-2009, 01:28 AM
I have been burned on "Ebay" twice, craigs list once, did good on one of the two once. But your percentage of success to failure is too high for me.

I am batting 50/50 not good.

Who are the people you can order through? I want to help you get good stuff. Because you live in the coolest place in the world. Tom

I don't know a lot.

Larry227
11-28-2009, 10:36 AM
For new parts I've had several great dealings with Hopmeup (http://stores.shop.ebay.ca/HopMeUp_Align-T-REX-450-Heli_W0QQ_fsubZ8248708QQ_sidZ179995618QQ_trksidZp4 634Q2ec0Q2em322) on ebay buying Blade 400 parts and it looks like they carry 450 parts also. Prices are decent and the ship 6 items for the price of 1 doesn't hurt either. You just have to wait for their combined invoice opposed to paying immediately.

glen09
11-29-2009, 12:27 PM
yes i ordered a jr770/8900g combo from him back in march, he said it would only take a week for the item to get it untill about 8 weeks later! i had already done a paypal dispute with him and said i wanted a refund and he said he would give me a refund as soon as the goods were recieved. i had to leave the packet at the post office because i refused to pay the stupidly high import charge so the post office sent it straight back for me! anyways it has been 6 months now and about 10 emails down the line and still no refund, paypal give him the win because he had proof of postage! avoid this guy like the plague especially if you are not in the US!

i do not buy anything expensive that has anything to do with RC due to the amount of scammers on there now, have lost out twice now but from the US (no offense guys) but thats $600ish i will never see again

Kevhed01
12-04-2009, 08:16 AM
Ordered a Spektrum AR6200. I did receive the item, but it took 2 weeks to arrive when it stated the item would be shipped within 2 business days. I e-mailed him a week after the purchase to inquire about the shippment, and he did get right back to me and I was told it was being shipped at that time. That was on a monday, the item did not ship till friday. I did get it, but it was a very slow process. Seeing the other problems people are having, I would look for deals elsewhere. Seems to be hit or miss with them. Check his feedback on ebay, and also check ebay seller gotheli. Same guy, different stores. Multiple complaints posted on ebay, and all consistent with what is being posted here.

NUKIWI
12-04-2009, 10:14 PM
Sadly, there are probably many more unhappy "customers" as, if you don't complain to e-bay within 45 days, they will not let you leave negative feedback.:arggg:
As this individual strings you along with promise after promise & takes ages to send anything, the 45 days are gone.......................:thumbdown:
However, e-bay are looking into my complaint, as I kept ALL the e-mails & took photos of what arrived, with the damage etc, & all the dates from this *********.

Stay clear!

NUKIWI
12-13-2009, 01:38 AM
Just to let you know how "INETHOBBY" Thinks.............(or not?)

This is my last e-mail......

This is the forth time I have sent this e-mail & you still have not answered.
If you do not resolve this immediately (Refund my postage as promised & replace these damaged items, or monetary refund) I will take action via both E-bay & my credit card company.
Your web site & e-mails keep on about communication & how well you pack items, however, that is far from what I have got so far. Remember, this was paid for in AUGUST & is still not flyable.

Rgds,

Mike

This the response!!!

Words fail me that he cannot be bothered to read...............................

Hi Mike

I'm little suprized , I checked your record and we did ship to you all the broken peace and replacement , what ells are you referring to ????

dwahid
12-13-2009, 10:19 PM
i had the same problem contacted ebay and paypal started i dispute with paypal he finally refund me the money friday he is the worst i call him and he never picks up finally left him a nasty message and he called back NO one and i mean NO one should buy a screw from the guy

504Rone
12-15-2009, 04:47 PM
I brought my trex 450 v2 from him last year. He shipped fast but the order was all screwed up. He sent out replacements quickly but my motor went out in 3 flights. Sent it back and it was bad again by flight num 20. By this time it was to late to file a dispute. I just purchased aome g3 hyperions from him. It took a whole week to ship out and he wouldn't answer calls or emails but I got a great deal.

CF_Machete
12-15-2009, 10:09 PM
i got a gaui fbl 200, 4 servos and a battery form inethobbies last year and my order was screwed up too. I wanted the air frame with out the gu-365, but he sent me the one with the gu-365, no charge....so i sold the one i had & the free one to buy my gyrobot 900. looks like poor organization can work in your favor too.

azjeff
12-24-2009, 11:25 PM
Same problems with a Trex 250 last year. Took forever to get, then the ESC was fried. Sent it back to him and it took 6 weeks to get it back with no repair, just excuses. He never responds to emails and does not seem to answer any phone calls. He is happy to take your money though.

Bottom line, stay away from Inethobby. Shop somewhere else and save yourself some headache..................

aerocal
12-29-2009, 04:41 AM
Yes I too have had dealings with Michael.I think he is just an affiliate of some other operation.Im pretty sure he doesnt stock much of anything.He takes orders and has the stuff shipped to him from somewhere else.Then he ships it out.Its the only thing that makes sense.Noone is that incredibly dense.It took me 2 months to get a gyro from him.And then after I gave him marginal feedback he tried to bribe me with 20 bucks to change it to 5 stars.IMO this is only going to get worse with all these types of sellers on Ebay because Ebay and PayPal talk a big line about buyer protection but when it comes down to it they are all bark and no bite.They are more interested in their bottom line and they already have made their profit by the time there is any dispute.I better just leave it at that or I will end up going into what gets defined as "politics" and as I am informed more and more often is not something we are supposed to talk about.

nyc863
01-06-2010, 07:54 PM
You are spot on..

he sells stuff he doesn't have then works out how to get the stuff.

Quick with the pre-sales communication, useless post sale. Always coming up with enough excuses to make you think you're perhaps being hasty.

Not an outright rip off merchant however sails so close to that line. Walking proof that ebay ratings can be manipulated.

blueviewlaguna
01-06-2010, 08:48 PM
Confirmed bad seller - same pattern of super slow shipping, ignoring multiple e-mails and surprise from him that there is any problem. Just terrible..........

NUKIWI
01-25-2010, 02:10 PM
Just to update everyone.
My credit card co. has just refunded the amount I disputed.
E-Bay were in comparison a total waste of time (as others have mentioned)

So $ wise, it is settled, but I would NEVER, EVER buy from this ***** again. :thumbdown:

jaywhy
01-26-2010, 07:40 PM
For new parts I've had several great dealings with Hopmeup (http://stores.shop.ebay.ca/HopMeUp_Align-T-REX-450-Heli_W0QQ_fsubZ8248708QQ_sidZ179995618QQ_trksidZp4 634Q2ec0Q2em322) on ebay buying Blade 400 parts and it looks like they carry 450 parts also. Prices are decent and the ship 6 items for the price of 1 doesn't hurt either. You just have to wait for their combined invoice opposed to paying immediately.

I have to second the support for Hopmeup on ebay - the combined shipping is cool (and yes, wait for the combined s&h invoice!)

I had a Tenergy lipo for my mSR go bad out of the box (wouldn't keep a charge, getting flights half the time of the other two Tenergy's I got at the same time) - I messaged them and they sent me out a replacement, didn't even have me ship them the dud. Very cool...

Hopmeup will do you right in my book!