PDA

View Full Version : CB100 2.9g tail motor wire connections

oldsb42
12-29-2009, 04:54 PM
Does anyone know how to re-connect the tail motor wires? This is a wow hobbies CB100 that came with an upgraded 2.9g motor. It flys great but one of the two motor wires somehow disconnected without warning during my last flight causing the heli to spin down to the floor. I removed snap ring and dismounted the motor, but could not find where to reconnect the loose wire to on the motor.

Any help is appreciated, diagram or pictures would be great too.
Thanks!!

tmetz
12-30-2009, 08:39 PM
This just happened to me as well! No idea where that wire goes... :arggg:

Tim

john aeras
12-30-2009, 10:17 PM
If the wire snapped close to the motor you will have to rewind the motor.
Take a look here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=802711&page=2

Hope this helps!:thumbup:

tmetz
12-30-2009, 10:21 PM
Umm, ya, I'll buy a new motor.:lol:

Tim

john aeras
12-30-2009, 10:37 PM
Umm, ya, I'll buy a new motor.:lol:

Tim

It's not that difficult, as you unwind the old motor, make note of the number of winds and locations.
It's worth the effort while waiting for a new motor!:thumbup:

oldsb42
12-31-2009, 12:01 AM
The 2.9g motor is tiny, working it could be quite challenge specially with my aging eyes and big hands. Any guess where the 3 phase wires were expected to come out of the stator therefore give me a better chance to locate when the wire broke? It seems to me all phase wires might had been bundle-soldered together before one of them broke. Can anyone confirm this?

In any case if I do have to rewind, where can I get the wire from and what size?

Thanks.

oldsb42
01-04-2010, 08:45 PM
See the tail motor picture: It has two wires come out of the tail boom, looped around in some fashion, then one end go into the motor and the other end hanging around (see the "?").
http://helifreak.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=132317&stc=1&d=1262655763

john aeras
01-04-2010, 09:01 PM
Does'nt look like there's anything wrong with your motor!
One of the wires has come un-soldered. There are three wires coming out of the thin tubing from the motor, they are soldered just after the thin tubing, have three individual pieces of heat shrink where they are soldered and then they re-enter in the tubing that goes into the tailboom.
All you have to do is fish the third wire out of the tube that goes into the tailboom and re-solder the third loose wire to it.
That's what I make out of the photo you posted.
Hope this helps!;)

oldsb42
01-04-2010, 10:49 PM
That definitely helps. If I understand you correctly, that loose piece (the one with "?") should be connected to one of the three wires out of the tailboom. With that, I now do see a tiny end of a white wire inside the tailboom. What is a proper way to pull it out enough? I could not seem to get any hold on that pin-size end of the whilte wire.

Thanks.

oldsb42
01-04-2010, 11:54 PM
I got it and it's working!

I loose the tailboom screw to see how much slack I get from the wires, and was able to pull about 1/4 inch more of wires out of the tailboom. After soldering the heli is working like before.

Thanks so much!

john aeras
01-05-2010, 12:29 AM
Glad I was able to help!
The picture you posted helped alot!
Cheers!:cheers