PDA

View Full Version : 9309 Best Price

whirlybird 1
12-30-2009, 08:04 AM
Who has the best price on JR 9303 2.4 Heli radio on line?
Upgrading to JR from my Futaba because ALL the flyers at my field use 9303.
Just want TX and RX, no servos etc.
Everone says that the JR radios are easier to program than Futaba.... Any acomments?
Thanks
Mike

zeb29
12-30-2009, 11:23 AM
Well there are several vendors who will discount the radios, but since JR/Horizon have a MAP policy, you have to either "add to cart" or in some cases sign up for the vendors website to see the actual sales price.

I've seen several posted, but the only one I can think of right now is Air Wild out in California and since they're primarily a plank shop, the heli versions can be scarce.

http://www.airwildpilotshop.com/

Now, Futaba vs JR programming?????

Speaking as a "former" Futaba user I'll tell you that the X9303 programming will make you a bit nuts in the beginning. Personally, I feel that the sequence on JR flows much more naturally but the differences in how you enable switches for other than assigned channels, different switches only show up in certain mixes and the way you mate channels is all different and you won't be able to assign any switch to any function like you can with Futaba.

That said; I really like the radios and the features you get with the Spektrum/JR 2.4GHz radios and wouldn't go back to Futaba.

JMHO, YMMV.... ;)

HZ024
12-30-2009, 02:27 PM
Try A Main Hobbies for a X9303, they are $549.99 an in stock right now. I am just a beginner. Bought a 7C, was going that Futaba Fasst rout. I here less problems with them...but, everyone is useing Spectrum DX7's. I was not a believer in them untill I held one in my hand. What a difference. Feels so much better and looks better to.

So I decided to go as far as I could and bought a JR. And really have no issues in programing. Seem's simple. It's a nice radio. Good Luck:cheers
-

Z06_Pilot
12-30-2009, 06:50 PM
I got my x9303 at Todds models a couple of weeks ago for $519...you have to sign up as a "member" and you will then get the discount.

I bought the mode 2 unit with the R921 receiver.....

good luck!

HZ024
12-30-2009, 07:31 PM
I went to Helidirect.com, paid retail which is around $630.00. But I am happy with it. Love this X9303:YeaBaby:

cd_edwards
12-31-2009, 11:10 AM
Or you could wait until Jan and purchase a 9503 and get the features that everyone complains about included in this new model. I just discovered it on the Horizon website.

Jim Hansen
01-03-2010, 02:32 AM
I have one for sale 500-00 1 year old comes with exta battery