PDA

View Full Version : Stripped it...

bpd964
01-10-2010, 04:07 PM
So I changed the pinion from 12T to 11T and used red loctite to secure my motor to the mount as usual. 16 hours later, I figured I'd go fly. Well, after probably 6 flights with the MicroHeli 115T mod 1.0 gear, I started hearing mesh noise. I checked to see if my motor was moving and all was ok. I took the trusty hat camera out to video the gear noise and decided to make it a point to strip the current gear so I can finally put on my FAD gear. Well, I was successful...;)

Come to find out, my motor had in fact moved and that's what was giving me the issue.

nightflyr
01-10-2010, 04:47 PM
Well don't feel too bad....
Just trashed my 700, did the trim flight flew like a charm, second time up started buzzin around.. did a low fly by and saw something fly off the bird ..took my eyes off the heli for a couple of seconds to see what had fallen off and BAM right into the ground..

turns out it was a skid pipe cap that came off..that will cost me dearly:arggg:

bpd964
01-10-2010, 05:05 PM
Just trashed my 700, did the trim flight flew like a charm, second time up started buzzin around.. did a low fly by and saw something fly off the bird ..took my eyes off the heli for a couple of seconds to see what had fallen off and BAM right into the ground..

Man, that sucks.. What fell off?

nightflyr
01-10-2010, 05:30 PM
Man, that sucks.. What fell off?

Dogdocphil
01-10-2010, 07:08 PM
I am using FAD-Heli Mod 1 main gear and they rock!! One Problem.... I think they closed down. There Site is inactive. It says they are on vacation but were supposed to be back last monday, jan 4th, I hope they dont close. If they open I will buy four or five main gears from em!

bpd964
01-10-2010, 07:12 PM
I am using FAD-Heli Mod 1 main gear and they rock!! One Problem.... I think they closed down. There Site is inactive. It says they are on vacation but were supposed to be back last monday, jan 4th, I hope they dont close. If they open I will buy four or five main gears from em!

Already installed.. I also have a MH and another Fad as spares

nightflyr
01-10-2010, 07:22 PM
I hope not..I placed an order B4 Christmas and it never arrived ..Emailed Miro @ fad ..told me if I didn't receive the order by new years he would resend it or refund my money.
I would rather have the hardware..I've emailed him a few times since but have never gotten a response back as of yet

im4711
01-10-2010, 08:34 PM
I had the motor moving (by about 1 - 2 mm) after a few flights almost every time using the kit from helidirect.com. I like what I saw from KDE better now. However since I did get lucky and won Ray's kit I had a total of 20 flights without issues using standard main gear.

bpd964
01-10-2010, 08:36 PM
Ray's kit is very nice and so is the KDE set. But, I'm 2 seconds from clicking the "pay now" button for a Suzi Hans kit..

nightflyr
01-10-2010, 09:47 PM
Ray's kit is very nice and so is the KDE set. But, I'm 2 seconds from clicking the "pay now" button for a Suzi Hans kit..
If your set to pull the trigger,,might look at Heli Chris frames set

bpd964
01-10-2010, 09:56 PM
The Heli Chris is another kit and parts that are hard to get your hands on. It is a very nice kit as well..

assatom
01-10-2010, 11:03 PM
Anyone know where to get FAD 115/117T main gear?
Stripped my first one on spool up, had only one spare.

Use a Neu 1920 (510kv) had 11/115T gearing, used governor mode on the CC HV110, to low gearing for proper governoring, I think thats why the main gear stripped.
Changed the gearing to 13/117T, hope this will be better.

But I think I will order more main gears.....

bpd964
01-11-2010, 07:51 AM
At this point, I don't think you can get anymore FAD gears..

im4711
01-11-2010, 09:48 AM
any link for the heli chris set?

bpd964
01-11-2010, 09:54 AM
Espritmodel.com

bpd964
01-11-2010, 05:29 PM

crashed mine today.. not too bad.. she'll be back in the air by Friday night..

nightflyr
01-11-2010, 07:00 PM
crashed mine today.. not too bad.. she'll be back in the air by Friday night..
Sorry to hear that:( seems like maybe we shouldn't be flyin in the cold....lol. glad to hear you'll have it back up by Friday.
Hopefully I'll have all the repair parts in this week so I know what this coming weekend is going to be like......:arggg:

bpd964
01-11-2010, 07:02 PM
here's the vid..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUIilZ5CPIM

egiraldo911
01-12-2010, 08:42 AM
Ouch! Sorry for the crash. I am just curious, what was the damage? How much to repair? Thanks.

bpd964
01-12-2010, 08:54 AM
Ouch! Sorry for the crash. I am just curious, what was the damage? How much to repair? Thanks.

Repair was about $300

Main Blades
Tail Blades
CF Boom
Boom Supports
T-Tube
Tail shaft rear TT assembly thingy
Tail case part bag
Canopy
Tail control rod
Stripped DS610 servo
Spindle shaft
Main Shaft Bearings
Landing Gear
Gear Struts

Canopy and blade set was over $200 alone..

I think that's it.. Already ordered parts so should be flying by Friday..