PDA

View Full Version : Best Place To Mount Gyro

kramerr
01-18-2010, 12:58 AM
Where is the best place to mount a Spartan DS760 gyro??.....on the receiver plate or up near the tail boom mount ?????

MXRACERX43
01-18-2010, 01:03 AM
If you decide to go with the RX tray you should stiffen it or purchase an aftermarket unit. It is too flimsy and will cause a tail issue. Some good pics here.

http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=184366

I would avoid the boom block. To much hassle when you need to replace tt gears or pull the block out.

jvthert
01-18-2010, 04:31 AM
On my frame the holes are drilled in such a way the receiver tray is slightly tilted. This gives interactions that forced me to mount it on the boomblock. Which is a nice place anyway.

iceman320
01-21-2010, 10:36 PM
I had my 401 clone gyro mounted on the boom block and it was working pretty good. then I got the idea that it wasn't good enough so I moved it to the electronics tray that I had stiffened with a piece of aluminum plate, I hovered it and I would not hold the tail like before, so thin I moved it back up to the boom block and now it's all screwed up and will not hold the tail now. at all. so my advice would be where ever you put your gyro make sure that that's where you want it and leave it there. that's what I wish I would have done.

gbeauc
01-21-2010, 11:39 PM
I had my 401 clone gyro mounted on the boom block and it was working pretty good. then I got the idea that it wasn't good enough so I moved it to the electronics tray that I had stiffened with a piece of aluminum plate, I hovered it and I would not hold the tail like before, so thin I moved it back up to the boom block and now it's all screwed up and will not hold the tail now. at all. so my advice would be where ever you put your gyro make sure that that's where you want it and leave it there. that's what I wish I would have done.
ur gyro pcb board may have come loose inside its casing, open it up, stuff some mounting tape in and try again to see if it works

Heli G
01-22-2010, 06:25 AM
Where is the best place to mount a Spartan DS760 gyro??.....on the receiver plate or up near the tail boom mount ?????

Search is your friend…;)

For what it’s worth I have mine on the bottom tray close to the COG…less vibes and works great. :smokin:

snjbird
01-22-2010, 06:52 AM
Search is your friend…;) :thumbdown:

I hate this attitude... this is a forum, people ask questions... some times they have been asked before, so what!

To the OP I have put my gyro in both spots, both work good. I have a GP750 mounted on the boom block of one 500, and I have my Spartan mounted on the Rick Lohr's RX mount. One point I might make is, mounted on the boom block puts your gyro very close to two high speed bearings, they can get loud, that can mess with lesser gyros! Since you say you are going to use a DS760 it should not make a difference.

Heli G
01-22-2010, 08:23 AM
:thumbdown:

I hate this attitude... this is a forum, people ask questions... some times they have been asked before, so what!

To the OP I have put my gyro in both spots, both work good. I have a GP750 mounted on the boom block of one 500, and I have my Spartan mounted on the Rick Lohr's RX mount. One point I might make is, mounted on the boom block puts your gyro very close to two high speed bearings, they can get loud, that can mess with lesser gyros! Since you say you are going to use a DS760 it should not make a difference.

So you basically hate a courteous response to a question? My “search is your friend” response was just that…try a search and you will find quite a number of responses on this topic. You will be surprised as to how many people make a post without doing a search as to their question first. The aim is to help the person asking the question, not so?

If you will allow me my own assumption it seems like you have some anger issues to deal with. :roll:

snjbird
01-22-2010, 08:50 AM
So you basically hate a courteous response to a question? My “search is your friend” response was just that…try a search and you will find quite a number of responses on this topic. You will be surprised as to how many people make a post without doing a search as to their question first. The aim is to help the person asking the question, not so?

If you will allow me my own assumption it seems like you have some anger issues to deal with. :roll:

That is how you choose to use this public forum, others just want to ask and be answered. If I may be so bold... it seems like you have some control issues to deal with? :)

Heli G
01-22-2010, 08:57 AM
That is how you choose to use this public forum, others just want to ask and be answered. If I may be so bold... it seems like you have some control issues to deal with? :)

Maybe with a combination of your anger and my control problems we can help this guy out. :YeaBaby: Happy flying. :thumbup:

snjbird
01-22-2010, 09:02 AM
It will be like Post Fu, I see your flying control style....:YeaBaby: it is no match for my anger fury style!:rolling

snjbird
01-22-2010, 09:10 AM
http://www.helifreak.com/picture.php?albumid=1928&pictureid=13987

http://www.helifreak.com/picture.php?albumid=1388&pictureid=10148

http://www.helifreak.com/picture.php?albumid=3924&pictureid=31230

Heli G
01-22-2010, 09:22 AM
It will be like Post Fu, I see your flying control style....:YeaBaby: it is no match for my anger fury style!:rolling

Yeah man, I can see you had a lot of anger during the build as well…looks like a crow’s nest in there. :YeaBaby:

snjbird
01-22-2010, 09:42 AM
I used to spend hours trying to make them look neat... now I just make them serviceable, and powerful!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gL3ZoztBJlI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gL3ZoztBJlI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Anger style flying!

PS nice looking build Heli G

skyfrog
01-23-2010, 01:53 AM
Dang snjbird.... that was some dirty flyin!!:noteworthy

snjbird
01-25-2010, 10:04 PM
Thanks Frog... Love that bird