PDA

View Full Version : Blade CP and brushless esc for onroad car??

toomuchtv
01-29-2010, 08:15 PM
Hey I have a brushless Mamba from Castle Creations and tried to use it in my Blade CP last night, after trying to go through the calibration setup it would work. the be=rushless esc just wouldnt work then i hit the idle up and the flipping thing took off and hit the ceiling and pretty much exploded! The blades broke into numerous peices and also the lipo must have been hit fairly hard b ecause it is now "puffy" . Darn.

Anyway does this mean i cant use a vehicle brushless escx for a helicopter??

please answer my question!

bpd964
01-29-2010, 10:11 PM
I certainly don't think that would work too well at all.. What exact model esc where you using? My mamba max car esc is huge and I would never think of putting it on a heli..

cold duck
01-30-2010, 01:23 PM
Hey I have a brushless Mamba from Castle Creations and tried to use it in my Blade CP last night, after trying to go through the calibration setup it would work. the be=rushless esc just wouldnt work then i hit the idle up and the flipping thing took off and hit the ceiling and pretty much exploded! The blades broke into numerous peices and also the lipo must have been hit fairly hard b ecause it is now "puffy" . Darn.

Anyway does this mean i cant use a vehicle brushless escx for a helicopter??

please answer my question!

:rolling

toomuchtv
01-30-2010, 10:46 PM
yeah its a micro mamba system, im 33 years old and using a huge esc in a micro heli would be childish.

so if i can calibrate then i cant use it for helicopter rc apps, right??

cold duck
02-02-2010, 02:00 PM
Why did you toggle Idle up? I would love to have seen the bird rise up and smack the ceiling! Guffaw! Dood, just get a CC Thunderbird 9 ESC and be done with it.

~Quack!