PDA

View Full Version : Looking for cool canopy ideas (CPP2)

KCMike
02-25-2010, 06:19 PM
Will any 300 size canopy work? I actually really dig the stock canopy but wouldn't mind trying something else out.

Ragtime
02-25-2010, 07:48 PM
It'd be cool if they had canopy designs you could print out on photo paper and then "cut on the dotted line", bend it into shape, tape the bottom and you're ready to fly. (That just came to me as I was typing, in literally 30 seconds. I have no idea if it makes actual sense, but it would be awesome.)I've wanted to make a custom canopy for quite some time, but I'm not sure exactly what design I'd like. Maybe a naked lady (just kidding!).

KCMike
02-25-2010, 08:41 PM
Heh, that's funny (& a good idea).

The fans of the CPP2 seems to not be as high as the other helis. Maybe us proud owners should band together and come up with something.

Bluerocktj
02-26-2010, 12:14 AM
I have a design in mind, but I haven't got around to doing it yet. I need to get my old airbrush out and start practicing with it. I too wonder why the Blade CP Pro 2 following is not as big. I mean there isn't even a separate forum for it like the other Eflite helis. Maybe it's just too hard to fly for the majority. Guess this will have to do for now for us "elite" CP Pro 2 Freaks.

Kerber0s
02-26-2010, 10:52 AM
lol, elite. You've obviously never seen me fly my CPP2 :)

-Kerb

Ragtime
02-26-2010, 04:31 PM
I too wonder why the Blade CP Pro 2 following is not as big. I mean there isn't even a separate forum for it like the other Eflite helis. Maybe it's just too hard to fly for the majority. Guess this will have to do for now for us "elite" CP Pro 2 Freaks.

At one point during my many dark days of learning the CPP2, I wanted to give up the entire hobby because of my pathetic learning curve with it -- and that was even after I had thoroughly enjoyed the hobby, via the CX2, for over a year! But I'm obviously glad I stuck with it, and am finally in the "no crash zone". (No crashes when not trying anything new, that is. Otherwise, it's always a calculated risk which calls for discretion to decide whether or not to attempt, I've learned the hard way.)

But ya, it's nice to fly something a little on the unusual side, and it will be awesome to hopefully one day totally master the "mosquito on crack." (When shopping for battery packs, remember: the "C" stands for crack! :YeaBaby:)