PDA

View Full Version : Donations for Drdispatch

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

drdispatch
03-02-2010, 01:44 AM
http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs484.ash1/26496_10150135298755008_622985007_11302387_3526430 _n.jpg

Ecov
03-02-2010, 03:04 AM
Morning Richard \o

Man! Almost total devestation. I'm amazed parts of Skye's bedroom got away with it. (Lucky bear!)

It was heartbreaking for me to see those pictures. I have a lttle girl myself. I feel for you. Luckily, Skye is still young, so hopefully, she won't fully understand.

I hope you can put this all behind you, and start over. Once this is all sorted out, and the 3 of you are in a new home, it'll just feel like you've moved to a better house :) Summer's coming too :)

Anyhoo,

I'm going to carry on messing around with my gyro settings, and hopefully, I can fly today, as the weather in London is perfect.

Speak soon,

Chris

pctekk
03-02-2010, 09:07 AM
Man this breaks my heart but is uplifting at the same time. What a great group of people and all the offers to help. Richard we're coming to Springfield next week, let me know if you need anything, something for Skye etc. and dont beat yourself up man. It will pass. Your all safe and thats what matters. Hug your wife and Skye thats what matters man.

altascape
03-02-2010, 12:59 PM
bump

wrather1
03-02-2010, 01:09 PM
Chris,

Thanks so much for setting this up, even on the other side of the pond!

Cheers mate!

DW

drdispatch
03-02-2010, 01:40 PM
Yah Chris has been GREAT..thanks a lot Chris.

Insurance should be doing some initial funding soon so we can probably cut donations - unless people feel the need.

Jasmine2501
03-02-2010, 02:14 PM
Yah Chris has been GREAT..thanks a lot Chris.

Insurance should be doing some initial funding soon so we can probably cut donations - unless people feel the need.

You know of all the things I donate to - Haiti, drinking water projects, political causes - this is the most satisfying kind of thing to help with. I know that it goes directly to a person who needs it - to a husband and wife and a little girl who can do something meaningful with it. I know that not one penny of my donation is going to fund some administrative BS - it's going to buy something important, something small but needed - toothbrushes, food, a soft blanket or a dolly to comfort a little girl... that is social action as it's intended to be my friend. Hang in there - concentrate on those little things that really make a difference. It will all be back to normal soon.

WillJames
03-02-2010, 03:59 PM
You know of all the things I donate to - Haiti, drinking water projects, political causes - this is the most satisfying kind of thing to help with. I know that it goes directly to a person who needs it - to a husband and wife and a little girl who can do something meaningful with it. I know that not one penny of my donation is going to fund some administrative BS - it's going to buy something important, something small but needed - toothbrushes, food, a soft blanket or a dolly to comfort a little girl... that is social action as it's intended to be my friend. Hang in there - concentrate on those little things that really make a difference. It will all be back to normal soon.

+1 Jasmine. That is what I really appreciate as well and I know a lot of others to too.

This is something that could happen to any one of us, we need to exercise caution when charging in our homes!!

henryd123
03-02-2010, 05:43 PM
+1 its nice to see the help going straight to where its needed

henry

Ecov
03-02-2010, 06:15 PM
+1 from me too, Jasmine. Beautifully put! :thumbup:

AverageJoe
03-02-2010, 06:51 PM
This is a painful example why one should NOT charge anywhere in their house or garage.

I am a bad boy. I do not monitor my batteries when I charge them. I am usually processing a beer or doing something else. Charging is boring but I do keep a distant eye on it.

JasonJ
03-02-2010, 07:07 PM
Donation sent. I hope things continue to get better for you Richard and your family. I couldn't send a ton, we are still paying on surgery on the wife.

venture 50
03-02-2010, 07:07 PM
Sorry Bro, Good luck to you. I hope everything works out for you!!!

Thisstrangeengine
03-02-2010, 07:37 PM
Gift sent...Give that little one a birthday gift from me. Poor girl is probably devistated. I have a 2 year old and he just LOVES my Helis and Planes.

mickeyjohnston
03-02-2010, 10:59 PM
I can honestly say I changed my charging habits due to this story. I'm charging in a lipo sack with the lipo sack sitting in an ammo case.

Nubbins85
03-03-2010, 05:52 AM
Also sent you a donation. Sorry for your loss, hope everything will fall into place soon enough! Best of luck!

drdispatch
03-04-2010, 04:38 AM
Guys,

I can't properly put into words how much the donations have meant to us.

I also can't put into words how much the kind comments, donation or not, have meant to us.

I feel it's time to stop the donations. Insurance company has an advanced payment out to us we should get in a week or two.

I'm not sure it's in bad taste or not to post this, but I feel it's important for you all to realize just exactly what you have accomplished as a whole.

Average donation amount was $15
about 60% of donating people wish they could've done more..I probably would have attached the same note if I were donating BUT

TWO websites took up collections for my family and myself. The donations at RCGroups were strictly from 3dhobbyshop plank guys..thats a small fraction of the forums. Here at helifreak the donation thread hit the main forum and the entire community.

Total collected: $5470
Total of that from HF alone: $4268

Remember, the RCG donations were from a 3dhobbyshop.com addict support group thread in the electric 3d flying thread. It hit no where NEAR as many people as helifreak.com's main forum. We're talking maybe 40 people.

Other forums I posted to did not create a donation situation.

We now have some clothes, groceries, Skye has toys, we have toilet tree items, coats (it's cold here) - leaving a lot of the money in tact. All of donation money will go for similar items.

This doesn't include the toys donated, rc gear people here have shipped me, and kind words.

So for those of you who 'wish you could do more'..lOOK at what you all have done as a group.

This is the most amazing thing we've seen (my family)

We feel TERRIBLE to accept the money, although we need it, every day I feel I have a duty to refund all the donations.

Again, I'm not sure if it's in poor taste to post the amounts or not, but I don't care - I want YOU guys to know what you've managed do..because that's a HUGE accomplishment.

I'm just in awe here..this truely is a band of brothers.

So I must insist we shut donations down. For those that run across this thread later and didn't have a chance to donate - just know that those before you have helped my family recover. It's made this whole ordeal much easier to deal with. Without you guys this would have been much harder.

If any donating individual ends up in a financial bind let me know, I will donate back to you to help.

If any of you are close enough to Springfield, MO to make a drive - I would like to organize a bbq and flyin.

The apartments the ins company are putting us up in has a HUGE OPEN park with no trees/etc and a playground/bbq grills. We could have a little fly in to celebrate HF and this community.

If anybody is interested, PM me, it would be fun.

I may not have a heli in the air by then (two mini titan kits were donated, and a DX7 should be on it's way, but no electronics with the mini titans) but I'm fine working the grill, drinking beer, and watching good pilots fly..hell..I've never seen any 3D being flown outside of videos.

:hug:

Be proud of yourselves and your brothers here.

pctekk
03-04-2010, 08:34 AM
Just awesome man. Way to go Freaks. Way to go ....

branflake
03-04-2010, 09:54 AM
Good work, team. Richard, I'll bet i speak for vast majority of the donators when i say those donations were not a loan. If you have extra left, i think putting on your fly-in with it is about as good a thing you could do with it :thumbup:. I'd love to come down, but i doubt the wife is up for the 7 hour drive...

Maybe when it gets more firmed up we can get this on the HF calendar of events?

In any case...best wishes getting your life back in order...and I am glad we all helped.

-B

terrybeb
03-04-2010, 10:07 AM
Good work, team. Richard, I'll bet i speak for vast majority of the donators when i say those donations were not a loan. If you have extra left, i think putting on your fly-in with it is about as good a thing you could do with it :thumbup:. I'd love to come down, but i doubt the wife is up for the 7 hour drive...

Maybe when it gets more firmed up we can get this on the HF calendar of events?

In any case...best wishes getting your life back in order...and I am glad we all helped.

-B
+1 :thumbup:

mnwizard
03-04-2010, 12:38 PM
+1 Please don't feel that you need to pay us back. The donations were given because we couldn't be there in person to help out.

I am very happy to see that you and your family are getting along well and that the donations helped.

God Bless

heli-on
03-04-2010, 12:46 PM
I was hoping to see a tally. Glad to have been able to help and I'm blown away by the generousity of this group. Way to go guys! :hug:

henryd123
03-04-2010, 01:39 PM
+1 Please don't feel that you need to pay us back. The donations were given because we couldn't be there in person to help out.

I am very happy to see that you and your family are getting along well and that the donations helped.

God Bless

+2 good luck richard

jaywhy
03-04-2010, 02:56 PM
Yup - it makes me feel good that what little I could afford to help, added to a substantial amount. It really feels good to be able to help. And I got a LIPO sack at a discount - so it's WIN/WIN/WIN in my book. (I felt a little weird asking to get something out of being charitable, but it made it real easy for me to help out, and if they day comes when somebody doesn't have a LIPO sack I have one I can pass along.)

Great job Helifreak!

JasonJ
03-04-2010, 03:55 PM
Yeah, I wouldn't want any money back. I'm just glad we were able to help. Those were impressive sums, and I am glad you posted them. Makes me feel better.