PDA

View Full Version : E-Flite Blade T-Rex SR 250

QueadlunnRau
02-26-2010, 10:08 PM
Yes you read the title right! Parts from my Trex 250 that work with the SR.

Just jumped into the Blade SR and while pulling out the skids to boil, I was curious if my T-Rex 250 skids would fit? None of my LHS have any parts for the SR, so I was curious on using other parts.

They fit!

I was also wondering about the canopy and wanting to see if the 250 FG canopies would fit the SR. The Trex canopy is only 7.1g more then the E-Flite's

They fit!!! With a little modification, I will use paper clips. TB pictured later

Would my Trex 250 LiPo's fit as well? They are shorter but fat'r then the stock SR battery.

They fit!!! Yay I don't have to buy more batteries!

QueadlunnRau
02-26-2010, 10:09 PM
Okay just got back from 3 batteries through the Blade SR. Washington was supposed to be Sunny all day today -_- rain keeps coming out.

Last night I took time to bind it to my DX7 and setup the head. Thanks goes out to 9sec240 for the setup he posted.

Initial thoughts.

She hovers really well, although not as stable as my trex 250 IMO. Wind was pretty strong in Lynnwood so the heli was bouncing up and down during gusts, more so then with my Align.

Flew some circuits in idle up mode, adjusted gyro gain to around 67 on the DX7. She does fly pretty easy and well, I also have way less pucker factor flying this bird then I do with my 250.

Finally was starting to do some aggressive flying with my second battery and was going into a stall turn. The piro rate is a lot slower then I am used to, turning at the end of my stall my bird got a little too close to the ground so I punched collective too hard and off she went right next to a tree, I nicked the bottom of an evergreen and she went down. =(

I was starting to regret my SR purchase and was thinking, "Time to post on ebay." But ...

After inspecting the damage, only the tail rotor broke, some of the white plastic covering the wood blades tore and one of the collective links popped off!!!

This SR is DURABLE!!! 2 light crashes with only a broken tail rotor!

OMG whenever I crash my T-Rex 250 It's always BROKEN and at least 30min - 1hr of replaceing parts and ajusting the head.

Dropped by Galaxy Hobby got a Blade CP Pro tail rotor $1.99. Postal taped the blades torn plastic and balanced them. I flew my 3rd flight in the SR, after less then 30 minutes after the crash, including the drive to the LHS.

Okay final thoughts for my initial thoughts... I like this bird, I fly it way less nervous then my 250, it seems a lot more durable then my 250.

Tomorrow, if the sun cooperates in this state, I will go out and do some light 3D. My Cameraperson is off work so we should have some video's of some loops and rolls

HugoCraft
02-26-2010, 10:24 PM
Can you flip the front 250 landing gear on the SR so it'll look like stock?

Lipps199
02-26-2010, 10:36 PM
Yeah, Thats was the first thing I noticed too. It'll be alright though.

QueadlunnRau
02-27-2010, 12:18 AM
Can you flip the front 250 landing gear on the SR so it'll look like stock?

The stock SR screw holes are the perfect width, but length they are too far apart and the skid tubes aren't long enough. I will modify mine though to add some screw mounts closer.

rollinolin
08-07-2010, 09:41 PM
Okay just got back from 3 batteries through the Blade SR. Washington was supposed to be Sunny all day today -_- rain keeps coming out.
Im in Spanaway WA. and its been raining all day. the only flight i got in was thismorning without my training gear. Ive been itchen to go IU to see how she handles