PDA

View Full Version : Need help with sr

Wilderacing
02-26-2010, 11:05 PM
I just purchased my first heli, a blade sr. While trying to get the feel of it a couple inches off the ground I hit the garage door. Everything looks good but now there is no lift. The servos are moving the swash plate but does not look like they are moving it a lot. With a lot of throttle if I try inching it forward it actually moves backwards a little almost as if it has negative pitch. Any ideas?

1BADAIR
02-26-2010, 11:40 PM
just about everytime you hit something with a heli the feathering shaft and mainshaft bend

Wilderacing
02-26-2010, 11:45 PM
I cant see that they are bent, it looks like either the servos dont stroke enough to give much positive pitch or like they start negative pitch and barely go positive.

singingperry
02-27-2010, 02:35 AM
To see if the feathering shaft is bent take it off and roll it on a table, if it ain't laser straight its bent. Servo gears could be stripped, that's a baddie on a B-400. I learned to automatically replace the feathering shaft and main shaft after CP crashes. Make sure the servo links aren't off-kilter and binding. Do lots of investigating and don't forget your magnifying glass. If replacement parts are not available (right now they're not) try and straighten out the shafts if they are bent but they better be REAL straight!

Wilderacing
02-27-2010, 09:18 AM
I pulled the feather shaft out and it is perfectly straight. I shortened the linkage on all 3 servos to the swash plate equally and now i have lift. I need to take it outside in a little bit and see how it is.

Wilderacing
02-27-2010, 10:37 AM
Figured out the problem The plate has 2 pieces, the top part is presses into the lower part and it was no longer pressed all the way in. Oressed it back and all is good.